cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Import problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have export the Production client,showing the client export successfully and created the 2 request during export the client, i want to import this client on Development server,  so that copy the both  cofile and data file from production system to development system, after that  log on the  development target client and  add the both request manually, now when i import he request getting the attached error, so please suggest the step to resolve this issue...

Regards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove the target system for the USER MASTER TR from Transport Domain and create an single domain with target system landscape and import the change .......worked for me.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

After copying cofile and data file from source to target so we need to give owner permissions to particular file then import the request.

Like chown SIDADM:SAPSYS  KTXXXXX.SID

With Regards,

Rao

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please describe your landscape here.

Check this note if it is related to your version.

[Note 511530 - TMS client import fails due to unknown system]

Refer to http://bbs.cenet.org.cn/UploadImages/200581112435749207.pdf for TMS configuration

it is highly uesful

Regards,

Himanshu

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Please tell us about your TMS configuration in your landscape.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

You are using TMS domain links, it is reason your are getting this error.

The source system of the client import is located in a different domain.

Please follow the note: Note 511530 - TMS client import fails due to unknown system.

If not, you can remove from the domain and make local domain and try.

Note: Once done please mark as answered.

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Check the sap note 511530 - TMS client import fails due to unknown system if it helps you

You can use TMS to configure SAP Systems as virtual systems in the transport domain so that you can model the transport routes of your whole system landscape & then try doing the client import

Further you can use below link for virtual system config:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/b4a0db7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Further check if TMSADM user is locked or not

Regards

Ram