cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed regarding Location Interchangeability for Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am facing issues with setting up the Location Interchangeability Scenario for Sales Orders. Could you please help me with this?

The below are the steps I followed:

1) Created 1 product MAT1 in 2 locations LOC1 and LOC2

2) In /INCMD/UI, defined a Location Chain "INC_LC"

3) In /INCMD/UI, assigned the above Location Chain to a Location Determination Procedure "INC_LDP"

4) In Integrated Rule Maintenance /SAPAPO/RBA04, defined a new Rule Control INRC with the access strategy for Location  as "Start from top of the list"

5) In Integrated Rule Maintenance, defined a new Rule INRL and assigned to it the Location Determination Procedure INC_LDP under the tab "Prod+Loc.Sub(Inc.MD)

6) Evaluated the above rule in Integrated Rule Maintenance. It gave the correct sequence of evaluation i.e. MAT1-LOC1 and then MAT1-LOC2.

7) Assigned this Rule to a Condition Type INCT

😎 Maintained a stock of 20 for MAT1 in LOC2 and a stock of 0 for MAT1 in LOC1

Created a sales order of 10 for MAT1 in LOC1. Since the available stock for MAT1 in LOC1 is 0, based on the above settings of Location Interchangeability, the confirmation should happen for this material from LOC2.

But, I am not getting the confirmation from the above location LOC2. Instead, the system is looking for a rule which has a Supersession Chain(Product Substitution Procedure). As a Product Substitution Procedure has not been assigned to the Rule, it is giving an unconfirmed quantity i.e. the confirmation is not happenning from the LOC2 location.

Kindly help me regarding this. For Sales Orders, Is there a limitation of GATP Interchangeability with respect to Location Substitution Procedure and Location Product Substitution Procedure? Does GATP Interchangeability support only Product Interchangeability for Sales Orders also? Please let me know. Please do let me know the limitations of GATP Interchangeability functionality.

Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this discussion. Found out the below explanation from SCM 670 doc:

"The use of location substitutions is NOT possible when using interchangeability master data directly; only product substitutions are supported."