Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Trip Start Date and End Date while changing the expense report

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When changing the expense report, the trip start date and end date are defaulted to the current date.

We have checked the configuration in FITVFELD and FITVFELD_WEB for the related trip provision varaints.

No default value is assigned in the configuration.

Please let us know, how to keep the trip start and end dates in tact while changing the trip.

Thanks,

Praisty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

For the date to be defaulted to current day, when changing an existing trip, that already has the date filled, something else than just config must be wrong.

Have you any BAdIs, enhancements or modifications active?

In which transaction or ESS screen is this happening? All of them or just ESS?

And just to be safe: these trips have been captured manually in SAP before and the dates are correct, when you check in viewing rather than changing mode?

Kind regards

Sven

0 Kudos

As Sven says the start date should never fill to a default date (e.g. sys_date) as you'd usually just get a hard error if it was blank! Unless perhaps you were copying a trip - maybe?? But in anycase, I would suggest checking for overwrite/pre-exit in FIE-VC_GENERAL_DATA in case this has changed something or other modification or BAdI that moight be active.

Depending on your version, there was a problem if the end date was not being entered that it was filling based on trip date: + 01 e.g. '00:00:01 and then giving IT0000 error - and this is solved with note 1846835.

Hope this helps

Sally

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your response.

There are no BADI's or enhancements implemented.

Infact, the start date and end date are defaulted to current date even while creating a trip.

For Example:

Today I tried creating a trip with start date and end date as 15.10.2013 to 16.10.2013.

After entering all the details and when I save the data on intial screen, the dates are again defaulted to today's date.

This is happening only in ESS page i.e. from portal side.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

what System are you on and what Applications are you using? I can't 100% define from the screenshots whether it's WDJ or WDA. Without this information a suggestion for a particular analysis of the coding or a pointing to corrections isn't reliably possible.

Cheers, Lukas

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We are on Release 604 Level 0061 with highest support package as SAPKE60461.

It is Webdynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Very strange - I never have seen this without "custom code in place".

So you are 100% sure that there is no additional custom enhancement in place?

When this start to come up? You just implemented this?

Could you also please send a screen shot?

Specially I'm interested if you create a new trip how these fields look like without any entry from your side.

Cheers,

Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mh.. you are on a release that's higher than the one our company started with and I've never experienced this problem.. like Siegfried already said, are you absolutely sure you have no enhancements in the entire process? I'm not only talking about the View-Container FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA, I mean the entire process.

If I had that problem I'd debug CC-Method ON_SHOW and find out at what point datearr and datedep get filled. I wager it's a bad configuration and you do have a default value somewhere (although you said you didn't assign any), because from the mere coding perspective, your use case cannot occur if there is no default value configured :-/. Anyway, 'maybe maybe maybe', debugging will help.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions...There is an enhancement implemented to default the trip start and end dates.