Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type at 2 places in sto

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

i have one doubt regarding Movement type in inter company process

in NC-- S.lines we maintain M.type ( like 643 second step 645 First step)

And in VL02n also we maintain Movement type whether it is First step or second step ( 643 or 645) Based on our requirement

May i know why it controls 2 palaces?

Dear plz ignore if it is wrong to post here plz forgive me

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

first of all the diffrence between one step & two step is :

If GR done by the receiving plant automatically,then it is one step process of STO.

In this process,as you are posting GI ,the stock will be moved into unrestricted automatically as you do the GR .

The movement type is assigned in schedule line category .

if GR done by the receiving plant manually,then it is two step process of STO,

In this process,you do 351 (stock will be moved into in transit) ,then 101 (GR )will be done manualy by receving plant and stock will be moved into unrestricted stock of the receiving plant .

the one step process is assigned with the purchasing document type of STO process.

I hope this will be helpfull to understand the process.

Regards,

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
May i know why it controls 2 palaces?

It does not control at two places. Based on the setting you have done in the below path.

SPRO- materials management-Purchasing-Purchase Order-Set up Stock Transport Order-

Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, under delivery Tolerance

Here you have to check the field one step for one step process.

If you want to go for two step process keep this blank then system understand that it is two step process.

If it is one step process system automatically update the stock into receiving plant once delivery done at Supplying plant which controls through movement type 645 (one step)

If it is two step process. Once the delivery completed in supplying plant system shows it in Stock in transit which you can observe in MD04.

After doing the MIGO, then only system update the stock in Receiving plant for which Movement type 643( two Step) controls.

Similarly in Intra Company STO

647- One step Process

641- Two step Process

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Srinu.

Moderator Remarks:

Awarded points are unassigned.

Reason for spoon-feed a older member, who is active since 2011.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thanks a lot for replaying

it means no need to maintain M. Type at VL02N ?

And Shall we Do any modification in NC OR NN?

Plz give little bit clarification

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no need to maintain M. Type at VL02N ?

How you do this?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear J.P Sir , thanks a lot for ur replaying

May be it is basic question plz forgive me

coming to point i know we have to maintain m. types in vl02n as well as in s. category for nc or nn

Here my question 2 places we maintain m. types

So logic i want

Once again if i am wrong plz excuse me

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

You won't maintain movement types at two places.

More over you cant assign movement types in VL02N, We usually assign movement type to Schdule line catagory.

As i already explained in the first mail system controls based on the config setting you do it in below path:

SPRO- materials management-Purchasing-Purchase Order-Set up Stock Transport Order-

Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, under delivery Tolerance

Here you have to check the field one step for one step process.

If it is one Step process 645( Inter STO) will be considered

If it is Two step process 643 (Inter STO) will be considered.

System will not take both. System understand whether to consider 1 step process or Two step process based on above Config path check mark.

It will consider either one only based on the Schedule line category determination.

Srinu.

Moderator Remarks:

Awarded points are unassigned.

Reason for spoon-feed a older member, who is active since 2011.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I simply asked you a straight forward question. "How you maintain Movement Type in Delivery Doc create/change" "Through transaction or configuration"

Moderator Remarks:

I can assure you, if you do a effective search, you can find better explanation. The response provided you earlier this day, was instantly awarded point by you. This means you again started with same behavior. Where,

1. Where you are instantly awarding points without any POC and explanation, how that responses helped you.

2. Asking basic question without any effort in trail or search.

3, Encouraging point gaming

4. Considering SCN as training center.

This all lead to point gaming directly or indirectly.

I need not remind you, what had happened to your previous all user id in SCN. If you don't improve. It will be unfortunate that you will loss out this user id also.

Please understand with this behaviour of yours, you are increasing & deviating our efforts. I believe you are aware most of the Moderators in cross SCN spaces are volunteers and not SAP employees. Please help us in keep this Forum clean healthy.

In anticipation of understanding.

Thanks, JP

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear J.P Sir i am very sorry

but I have found this link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46122

Go to Transaction VL02N. Enter the outbound delivery document number & Click enter. Here in picking tab enter the issuing storage location & picked Quantity.

Check the Delivery item Category NLC. In Goods Movement tab observe the movement type 643( two step). In item Conditions Tab Observe conditions as shown below.

Note(movement type 645 is for one step procedure)

Sir , thats why i have asked the question

but i dont have any intention to disturb scn ,, i feel scn forum is my god and i am treating this as my mother

If you feel wrong plz accept my apology

Thanks a lot

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above doc is good.

But, for me that doc is nothing more user guide.

As, neither response nor doc, talks about know-how.

Have look on following SCN Wiki:

- http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/Stock+Transport+with+Delivery

What is expected is effective search, effort on trail & error and good understanding subject. Don't encourage spoon-feed. You can be good, provided you little more extra effort. No pain, no gain.

Best Wishes

Moderator Remarks:

Points unassigned. Discussion is unmarked as question.