cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty - Real Time Points Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have a requirement to make available a Real Time Points Calculation via an integrated solution.

So...unlike the WEB UI Process, where you can create an Activity online and then click process, we need to provide some sort of function module/web service which will not only create the Activity but also Process it as well and return an updated point balance.

From the Enterprise Services WIKI, I can see some Loyalty Web Services which Create Activities, but from the documentation it would appear that that is all that they do, they do not Process the activity. (Is this correct?)

The Web Channel (WCEM) solution appears to offer a Real Time solution, but I've not be exposed to how this works.

Does anyone know if this is possible via Standard or Non Standard Mechanisms?

What needs to done to make this work?

Many Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Panduranga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

Last month i worked for the exactly same requirement for our client.

We followed the billow steps to achieve that.

• Create A RFC enable FM which will take Sales Order information and return Points info.
  • Create Member Activities Based on Sales order Information.
  • Call LOY_ENGINE_ONLINE_PROCESS explicitly for created Member activities.
  • Use CL_LOY_PT_ACCT_SERVICES methods to calculate Earned points.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Vijay...

Is there a standard function module for the creation of activities?

The processing is working perfectly, it appears that the creation of activities other than via LSMW is more difficult than I thought.

Regards

Panduranga

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

Use CRM_LOY_MA_CREATE_PROCESS_API for creation of member activities.

Thanks-Anuraag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

Sorry for late reply,

as said, You can use CRM_LOY_MA_CREATE_PROCESS_API.

In my case i reused the code inside this FM, Because it allow you to create one Activity at a time but i need multiple. And i need to add SLG log for creation failed activities.

Regards

Vijay

Message was edited by: VIJAYAKUMAR G

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

As Vijayakumar G already pointed out, CRM_LOY_MA_CREATE_PROCESS_API is not funcitonal for mass activity creation and mass processng.

You can use FM LOY_COM_LSMW_CREATE_MA for mass creation of activites instead.

For mass processing you can run program RLOY_ENGINE_SCHEDULE in background.  Please keep in my mind the status of the activities shoud be "Ready for Batch".

Alternatively, you can call FM LOY_ENGINE_ONLINE_PROCESS after member activity creation. However I find FM LOY_PROCESS_MA_RFC more useful.as it demands less import parameters than famous LOY_ENGINE_ONLINE_PROCESS. LOY_ENGINE_ONLINE_PROCESS is called inside of this FM after optimization of member activities.

So in a nutshell, my suggestion is combination of LOY_COM_LSMW_CREATE_MA (for mass creation) + LOY_PROCESS_MA_RFC (for mass processing)

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone able to provide any guidance on this please

Caique
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use RLOY_ENGINE_SCHEDULE as a schedule job.

Regards,

Caíque