SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed (College Grad)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very interested in SAP O&G! I have basic software knowledge (microsoft office etc). I want to learn SAP O&G, what kind of software exposure do i need. What path should i take that would best help me understand it. Are there prerequisites i need before I even attempt to learn it? I do not have any work experience (just internships and a couple summer jobs). I'm also currently enrolled in Supply chain management and logistics masters program. i also have a bachelors in petroleum engineering which is why i'm attracted to the idea of SAP O&G.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dami,

Pleasing to know your interest in SAP and SAP IS OIL. As you mentioned that you are relatively fresh in the area of SAP, i would recommend you to start learning the basics of SAP first. Although this is not a pre-requisite, but it will definitely help you to start learning the specialized IS OIL solution. Otherwise it will be quite complicated to directly start with IS OIL.

For further guidance on SAP and Careers, follow the below space:

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dami,

Pleasing to know your interest in SAP and SAP IS OIL. As you mentioned that you are relatively fresh in the area of SAP, i would recommend you to start learning the basics of SAP first. Although this is not a pre-requisite, but it will definitely help you to start learning the specialized IS OIL solution. Otherwise it will be quite complicated to directly start with IS OIL.

For further guidance on SAP and Careers, follow the below space:

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center