cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST for SPM and role grant access

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to keep using the standard workflow on MSMP and it suggest me on default config to keep using this same workflow to create, modify users and even to SPM workflow. BUT I have different approvers for modify users and for SPM. For example, I have a role owner approver that works fine when I'm openning a request to grant access to a role, but, when I try to open another request to SPM generates an error (sure, because the SPM WF doesn't have role for approval step).

How you all resolve this issue using MSMP standard templates? Or those standard templates are just for a very basic provisioning, where on a 'perfect world' everything necesary to grant access pass thru exactly the same kind of approvers?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has probably been discussed many times on this forum

One needs to understand how to create a new path in the Access Request process and also create a custom initiator rule via BRF+.

Sadly quiet a lot of the "default" config provided out of the box is insufficient for many customers who wish to use EAM and ARM side-by-side. But once a GRC Consultant or Super-user gets used to the technology, it is not too much work to make the changes.

I am sure there are some various forum threads where the "how-to" is explained in detail.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo

Have you attempted to create a BRF initiator rule based on Request Type. If it's EAM send it to one path, otherwise all others can go elsewhere? You EAM path can then pick a different agent

The BC set is a basic example. You will need to modify the MSMP information to suit your business requirements.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collen

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm working on the BRF option but I was really interested to confirm that the SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST doesn't fit to these needs.

I'm surprised that, even being a standard solution with basic examples, that the 3 suggested workflows designed to work on the same SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST doesn't work together just because we need different approvers on Firefighters for example, or even because we need a role owner approver on the other side.

Kind regards,

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

"I'm surprised that, even being a standard solution with basic examples, that the 3 suggested workflows designed to work on the same SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST doesn't work "

You'll have an easier time with GRC if you're not. I think GRC10 is brilliant but sometimes get the impression the functionality has been developed by different teams and then integrated at the end.

BC sets for MSMP are really there as a guide. I suspect FF access was added later and SAP didn't want to change the path definitions to keep the example simple. Also, most of their default rules are simple function modules and they encourage us to use BRF+

Good luck with it. I can't answer you question directly as I do not represent SAP

If you need help with the initiator rule, search this community as there are plenty of examples with screen shots

Regards

Colleen

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The magic of GRC 10 MSMP with BRF+ is you have lot of flexibility.

since you have single initiator for proces ids.

so you can utilize BRF+ to meet the requirement.

Initially it little confusing, but its more comfortable afterwards.

GRC 10.0 has lot of flexibility to meet complex requirments.

in the above case you can refer to BRF+ Initiator ule , and decision of rule result can be based on request type.

Regards,

Prasant