Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Z pricing procedure determination...

Hi experts,

I have to implement a new pricing procedures for a company where actually the same sales area has more than one business lines and the material division is the one taken into account in order to determine the business line.

Now it is needed to have different pricing procedures for each business line.  

At this point, creating new sales area in order to split business lines for this purpose is going to be so complicated due to the amount of existing interfaces with 3P systems currently related to the business processes; Instead of doing that they need to determine the pricing procedures based on the sales office, which is not a standard configuration.

1) What is the best way to do this? (something similar to OVKK + sales office)

2) The worst case is to create new division (new sales area) but if this is the case in order to avoid the development, what should I take into account due to the current process to ensure that creating new sales division is not going to affect dramatically?

Thank you for your help,

Regards.

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Alex,

Thank you for your post!

To conclude there are two points -

1. How many pricing procedures to use?

2. How to determine the procedures?

1. How many procedures -

It looks like the "structure" of the pricing procedures are different (steps, condition types etc.), in this case it would be better / simpler to go with different pricing procedures.

I would not recommend single pricing procedure with too many routines (requirements, alt calculation types, base calculation type)

2. For determination of procedure -

Going for change in sales area would be too risky and lot of work (change in master data) which I would not recommend.

What about my below suggestion -

Can you create new sales document types, for each business line?

Document pricing procedure is also a determining factor in the pricing procedure determination.

If you can create different sales document types, then you could use standard pricing procedure determination.

If this is not an option, then you could go for Z determination.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question