cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a sales order and delivery date was conformed. route was determined and now I deleted the route from sales order but the conformed delivery date did not go back and material availability was pushed forward to match the conformed delivery date why this happend? I am in impression that if I delete the route conformed delivery date should ajust accordingly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Route is no way related to Material availability,Route does not effect the inventory.

Srinu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

raki,

To decide the dates "of various stages" e.g. Material availability date, Loading date etc. first the system does backward scheduling. That means that the delivery date is fixed and the system goes backwards to find the remain dates.

Now when the field route is made blank, then probably the Transit time is reduced, thus the other dates are brought forward. As you have observed - the material availability date is pushed forwards.

This has not so much to do with Material availability, it has to do with Backward and Forward scheduling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is when I had chnages the route then when forward scheduling is carried out since there is no route then delivery date should change accordingly. In this scenario initial delivery date is 10/21/13 for this route is 3 days. so when I delete the route and when system carries ATP forward scheduling the delivery date should be reduced to 10/18/13 istead of tdoing this material avilability was adjusted to 10/20/13 and PGI date to 10/21/13.If put route back then every thing is pushed back as normal why is this happening?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

raki,

I believe I had answered to your question!

Now that you have given an example, let me explain again.

In this scenario initial delivery date is 10/21/13 for this route is 3 days. so when I delete the route and when system carries ATP forward scheduling the delivery date should be reduced to 10/18/13 istead of tdoing this material avilability was adjusted to 10/20/13 and PGI date to 10/21/13.

The delivery date shall be FIXED (with or without route), i.e. 21-OCT-13.

Now when you remove the route.

The system shall calculate backwards (from 21-Oct-13)

1 day for PGI

Thus material should be available on 20-Oct-13

PGI should happen on 21-Oct-13

There is no transit time required (travel from plant to SH address). Thus material shall reach the SH address on the delivery date i.e. 21-Oct-13.

Important - First backward scheduling happens.

If with backward scheduling, the material availability date falls in the past, then forward scheduling happens.

This is the way the system works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

will this chnage the material availability date?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes.If you keep transit time and transportation lead time in route then it will effect on material availability date .Check t.code 0VTC ( Zero VTC ) ,in your route ,what and how you have set up your settings.

Try to keep both fields in route and try to create sales order and if keep route in shipping tab at item level then you can see material availability one and remove route and enter and again see some another date.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

raki,

Yes, material availability date will change with changes in delivery date.

If a customer wants material in the month of December, then why should material be available from now!!

The material can and should be used for other "more pressing" orders.

I feel Narendra's suggestion is good. Test this and find out for yourself.

Also read the related theory.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

availability check carried out based on material , plant , item category , schedule line  line, check rule , checking group,  based on this system check the availability based on that , but material availability for particular plant system conform the stock ,

when you delete the the route it is not effect the availability, when change the quantity or plant system redetermine the ATP.

regards

sankar