cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM-DMS integration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did all standard settings in PPM for DMS integration, but while trying to add a DIR at SAP DMS tab in cProjects side,

I get a msg: "Link Not Possible: The SAP R/3 DMS document info record contains orig".

Does this DIR need to have a document structure ? If i add a document DIR which has a document BOM, I am able to add here.

Also, I cannot create a DMS document directly from this tab.

Unfortunately, the standard config guide or help files do not provide good info in regard to this integration, please help.

Devi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

It's been awhile since I used this function so please test it out and verify that it works as expected.

Yes, you can only link to a document structure. I believe the idea behind this is that you can create a folder structure (similar to EasyDMS) and attach documents. You can create the document structure directly from the project or link to an existing structure. If you are using cFolders, you can easily transfer docs using this tab. You can test this out by creating a doc structure manually and though the project. You should be able to then attach documents below this level. Keep in mind that you will have to setup the default doc types in the IMG "Specify Default Document Types per cProjects System" in the ECC system for this to work in addition to the config on PPM.

For most of the projects that I have implemented, we have considered this option but eventually ended up simply creating a regular object link to the DMS doc instead.

Hope this helps.

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lashan, thanks for your notes.

I think the 'object link' approach seem to be providing solution to required business requirements when used in combination with Easy DMS in desktop.

I dont know why SAP did not provide direct DIR linking via SAP DMS tab (object links is doing the same of course), it need to have a document structure and add documents under the structure.

One question here is, when I am creating a DIR in Easy DMS in public root folder, by default it is creating document in a document structure right ? then why I cannot add this document DIR in SAP DMS tab ?

- Devi

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

If your ECC is in EhP6 you should review SAP Note 1753050.

In any case check also these both SAP notes 1714497 and 1743268.

Let us know if the notes solve your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Clara, the note 1753050 worked.