cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of documents from one repository to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to relocate documents stored in external maxdb CS defined as archivelink repository in oac0 to new repository. I plan to define new repository as archivelink but the storage should be internal SAP database. I implemented note 1043676, but I am not sure if the report from note is suitable for our scenario. I was expecting to fill in old repository name and new repository name in order to migrate documents, but the report ask for OLD_ARC and NEW_ARC which should be only 2 digit values, obviously not repository names. Did anyone of you performed such a task to move documents from external CS to repository stored within internal SAP db ?  Is there any standard way how to reach this?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

if you plan to transfer data from one content server to another one I would kindly recommend you to read through the SAP note 445057 which is dealing with the reports RSCMSEX and RSCMSIM. You can use these reports to move your documents from one SAP content server to another.

If you want to move the originals from an archive or vault to a Content Server, please use the DMS_KPRO_CONVERT and DMS_KPRO_CONVERT2 report I would kindly ask you to see teh documentation on DMS_KPRO_CONVERT report in transaction SE38, which explains the whole process and gives necessary information.

This conversion program offers two possibilites:

- Complete migration:
The meta data of the document info record and the checked-in original application files are migrated together. The checked-in original application files are transported into the storage catgories.

- Step-by-step migration:
In the first step meta data is migrated. The original application files remain in the old storage data. The migration of original application files starts after you have processed the files with the integrated viewer and checked them into a secure storage area. I hope this information could be useful for you. Further I would really recommend you to get in touch with your local consulting
organisation because this is a very critical and individual process. To grant that the whole migration is done correctly I can only advise you to contact your local consulting organisation.

Best regards,

Christoph