cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Time limit exceeded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Need your help as below,

system getting adapter engine error as RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Time limit exceeded.

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 in remote system (RfcClient[RFCReceiverPI]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Time limit exceeded

There is BPM involved in this scenario and it sends mails to user via SOST in our PI production system.

Message in MONI is successfully processed but failing in adapter engine.

As far I checked the payload is not big to have time imit error and all messages are failing.

I read somewhere that it could be issue system space.

We are getting many time out dumps in ST22 with below error

The program "SAPLSOI1" has exceeded the maximum permitted runtime without

interruption and has therefore been terminated.

it is failing at commit work statement below of FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1

MOVE OBJECT_ID TO NEW_OBJECT_ID.

PERFORM TRANSFER_TAB_TO_REC TABLES REC_TABLE

RECEIVERS.

if commit_work = on.

commit work.

endif.

Please help as many messages are getting failed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved. Issue was with Database update. Basis team has solved it, I guess through SM13.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

This is related to program error.

Check in ECC sm58 is there any dumps.

Did you tested the RFC in ECC?

Please refer the below link

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2052210

Regards

Bhargava krishna

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurav,

Have you tried to check the RFC function alone?, i know that this could be tedious, but it doesnt seem a disk space problem in my opinion, it simply seems that the RFC spend a lot of time in its execution, may be the ABAP basis team should the increase the ABAP timeout (rdisp/max_wprun_time)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

are those dumps on receiver side, so on ECC side?

If all requests fail at a "commit work" step, it is very likely that there is a problem with the database connection. Either disk space is full or some similar problem with db access. Try to check that out with the basis team.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. Yes, its receiver CC.

I am having discussing with Basis team to check the space, but their observation is that everything seems to be good.

Also we have so many interfaces, why would these particular are failing?

When I checked in SOST, there are successful messages today sent.

Since this is BPM and i checked the workflow and checked the send mail step, it has executed successfully.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Gaurav

alejandro_mejias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check parameter rdisp/async_dialog_timeout. Also, consider message size. Maybe you are sendind a big message. Other SOST messages could be correctly delivered if they are smaller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Actually payload is not big and all message for this CC are failing.

If one would have failed, the case may be true.

I have looked into payload , its max 50 lines and that too BPM is just sending the mail of receive successful.

One correction I would like to make for my earlier post is that, no mails have been sent through SOST, no mails reached SOST in waiting status.

alejandro_mejias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check SCOT transaction and status of SMTP node....Also try sendind a message using sbwp...

If all seems to be correct, please attach dump file print.

Also, try to call the fm with commit_work= space
Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked message sent successfully from SOST.

For my interface which is in error, no messages are reached till SOST queue in waiting status.

Also please find the Dump file as attached.

Download it and change the extension to .htm to view it in rich format.

alejandro_mejias
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As per the dump, an error message is trigger by application

SY-MSGTY
E                                                                                        
SY-MSGID
AM                                                                                       
SY-MSGNO
286                                                                                      
SY-MSGV1
ADRT       

Try to solve it implementing note Note 1675140 - Incorrect error message when address comments do not exist