cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution list and Mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , How to set Distribution List to send mail attachment to multiple user ids.

My current set up File to Mail dapter working for single user mail id .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

you need to define the group email id in outlook and use the group email address in the schenario.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you plaese dell the step by step what to do .Please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here I am writting in details what I  have done for a better understanding

My PI scenario is FIle to Mail Adapter and I am able to send attachment to single user mail id( My mail id-sanjay@abc.com) .Now my requirement is to send the mail attachment to multiple user mail ids .For that I am planning to use distribution list mail id.All the users are company's internal users and using outlook mail services.

Can any one please let me know how to do it ?

Still I have done I am not using mail package)

- SCOT Configuration done for domain abc.com

- su01 for Sanjay1- Maintained mail id sanjay@abc.com

- In mail adapter: in CC: sanjay@abc.com

- Mail adapter: Authentication ( User id : Sanjay1 and password:xyz)

Now what to do to send to multiple mail ids:

Have alraedy craeted DL list: DL_GL_MAIL_ID

-- where to maintain Distribution list mail id ?

- Is there any authentication attributes change in mail adapter as I am using sanjay1 user id to use sanjay@abc.com ?

- For Distribution list mail id , is there be different user id  to use in stead of Sanjay1 ? Like super admin user.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

The best and easiest way to send emails to DL is , in the recipients section of ALRTCATDEF put your user. Then , in SU01 maintain the DL list email id under your user email. Make sure you are added to the DL.

Secondly, if you are not getting email in inbox when failing a message in real time, check that the ALERT service is active , SLOG, SALRT1 and destinations pointing to Central Alert Server and ALM Client etc are the few places you might want to check . Usually RSALERTTEST will send the message to your inbox but at times the ALERT service is not active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Till now what I have done.

1. I did SCOT configuration  and set default domain

2. Under my user(SMOH1) , I mentioned my mail id ( abc@hello,com) and maintained this mail id in Mail adapter and it worked.

Now from your sugestion, i am writting down my understandings:

1. I will craete one DL and there I will add my mail id ?

2. SU01 , There I will maintain DL list mail id ?

3. In recipients section of ALRTCATDEF, I will put my user id ?

4. I will activate teh ALERT service ?

Any more things to do ?????

I have some queries:

1. In mail adapter authentication session, which user id and passowrd I will give(Currently ia m using mines)???

2. There anything like maintaining DL mail id direcltly in SCOT Configuration ????

Please let me know

Thanks,

Sanjay Mohanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

My PI scenario is FIle to Mail Adapter and I am able to send attachment to single user mail id( My mail id-sanjay@abc.com) .Now my requirement is to send the mail attachment to multiple user mail ids .For that I am planning to use distribution list mail id.All the users are company's internal users and using outlook mail services.

- Is there any authentication attributes change in mail adapter as I am using sanjay1 user id to use sanjay@abc.com ?

- For Distribution list mail id , is there be different user id  to use in stead of Sanjay1 ? Like super admin user.

Thanks,

Sanjay Mohanty

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please find the answer.

the distribution list mail id is needs configure in receiver email comm channel (To).

It should not change.

you do not required admin user or super user for this.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I did mail id  configuration in receiver email comm channel and maintain the DL mail id under SU01.

Still it is not working

Error:

Delivering the message to the application using connection Mail_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: no sender address specified

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You need to create a Distribution List (Group of IDs) and provide it in the mail receiver channel.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply !

As i have given my PI user id and password to authenticate SMTP server in Mail adapter.

I  have alraedy created DL id .Do you think simple I will maintain thsi mail id in Mail adapter and it will work.Any more things to do ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically you create an account id that will link all the recipients... Mail administrator can help you on this.. When you use that account in the PI scenario , Pi sends to the outgoing mail server first, the outgoing mail server interprets this and sends the message to  all the recipients. In PI perspective still it is a single id...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar,

How to maintain this group account id .I think you are talking about Distrubution list mail id ?

Once it be created, what is next ?

Former Member
0 Kudos