cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add contact person to sales area->partner function

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a requirement to add contact person(created as BP) as a partner under a sales area of a customer. I noticed that the parnter function accepts BP ids for partners such as ship-to-party,bill-to-party etc but incase of contact person,it accepts only PARNR.

Is there any way by configuration, enable addition of BP id of contact person to the partner function of a customer?

thanks,JVR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why dont you want to go for with partner CP -contact person ?.In SAP standard,there is already contact person with CP. You can very well use it or else you can go by Z .

Kindly ,let me know if I understood wrongly on this.

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

i wanted to achieve automatic addition of a contact person to the relationship node of the customer once i add the contact person to the sales area. when i tried add the BP id in the field "Number' of the partner fnction tab specifying "CP" as partner identifier, it throws an error saying that the contact person with the specified id doent exist, though the BP id exists when searched with the BP txn and its catagory is person.

In the link below, there is a mention that one can add the BP to the sales area. My understanding is that it is not th PARNR.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crmconfig10/helpdata/en/59/721fe6e3ca2a44aace2b4cbff76e75/content.htm

Best Regards.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What I understood fro your post is, you are doing like below in partner function tab .

Partner Function       Partner Number

CP                                 BP

If the above is right,have you created Partner number as BP in your system ?

How number ranges ,you have set up in XDN1 ?

Thanks,

Naren