Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying from Sales Document type is not supported

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

h3. Hi,

I am trying to create a Return sales order from IW52. When I go to the Sales Order screen, I and trying to create the Return sales with reference to Billing Document number. I am getting the below error.

*"Copying from sales document type ZWAR to ZREW is not supported" *Message no. V2004.

Source Document is ZWAR and Target Document is ZREW (Returns).

I checked T Code-VTAA. The combination ZWAR and ZREW is already maintained. Also, I checked in VTAF, VTFA, the combination is maintained. Still I am not able to create the Return Sales Order with reference to Billing Document number. <br/></span></p></body>

Please find below the Details of the error.

Copying from sales document type ZWAR to ZREW is not supported

Message no. V2004

Diagnosis:

According to the rules defined in copying control copying ZWAR to ZREW is not allowed.

System Response

The system does not allow further processing of the document.

Procedure

Check your entry.

If you want copying ZWAR to ZREW to be allowed, you must add to the entries in copying control.

Make the appropriate settings in Customizing as necessary or inform your system administrator.

Proceed

On clicking proceed, I am taken to T Code- OVV0.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

I have one more observation here, the system is accepting few billing documents with different numbering.

For example: 5533, 5534 etc but for billing documents with numbering 90000000, 90000035 etc it is not taking when trying to create with reference.

Here 5000 series is for F2 (Invoice/Billing Type) and 90000000 series is for Invoice Warranty sales, which is a customized Billing Type.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you said you are creating it in IW52 screen by pressing sales order button right? How are you assigning the billing document then? Could you please explain the steps. And did you try by creating this document in VA01 directly. And what you have maintained in VOV8 this return order type settings for the field Reference mandatory? Did you leave it blank or maintained something?

Try to create this order in VA01 by clicking the button create with reference and then give billing document number and press copy. See what system returns you and come here with your findings.

Thank$

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing a different kind of process where, we are selling the spare parts to dealers and when the dealer repairs any damage parts which is under warranty, he returns the item. This return has to be linked to the sale of spare parts.

Step 1

Sell spares to dealer

T codes- VA01, VL01N and VF01.

Step 2

The returned item is inspected by the Service department and they raise the Return Sales Order directly from IW52. When I click sales order button in IW52, it takes me to VA01 with order type of REturn sales. Now I have to create the Return order with reference to the Billing Document of Sales Order.

That time I get the error:

Message no. V2004

Also I checked VOV8 for the Return Order Type ZREW. I have kept the settings for the field Reference mandatory blank. I tried with 'M' as well. But in both cases the result is same error message.

I checked in VTAA, there is already combination maintained for target document type as Return order (ZREW) and Source as Sales Order Type (ZWAR)

I am not able to resolve this problem. Please help.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for sharing the whole process. I just wanted to know that are you able to create the order w.r.t billing document through normal VA01 process. Please check this and update me.

Thank$

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to create the order through normal sales order process with reference to Billing Document number as well.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What error you are getting while creating order in VA01? Share the whole error message text with message number.

Thank$

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Message no. V2004

Diagnosis:

According to the rules defined in copying control copying ZWAR to ZREW is not allowed.

System Response

The system does not allow further processing of the document.

Procedure

Check your entry.

If you want copying ZWAR to ZREW to be allowed, you must add to the entries in copying control.

Make the appropriate settings in Customizing as necessary or inform your system administrator.

Proceed

On clicking proceed, I am taken to T Code- OVV0.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means you have missed something in copy control settings. By the way which ECC system you are working on? OVV0 is not the Tcode where system should take you. It is VTAF. Check whether you have maintained right billing document to right sales document copy control and then at item level check if you have maintained the item category you are using. First you need to create order in VA01 then we will check IW52 create order button.

Thank$

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using 4.7.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am testing in 6.0 but still you can check in transaction I have shared earlier or from SPRO IMG path. Make sure these settings are correct then we will see it further.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

For your requirement, It is enough that you maintain the copy control only in VTAF. You need not maintain it in VTAA and VTFA. Check whether you have added the source item category(in billing doc) in item level in VTAF.

Regards,

Manoj

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay Srivasttava wrote:

Source Document is ZWAR and Target Document is ZREW (Returns).

I checked T Code-VTAA. The combination ZWAR and ZREW is already maintained. Also, I checked in VTAF, VTFA, the combination is maintained. Still I am not able to create the Return Sales Order with reference to Billing Document number. <br/></span></p></body>

Please find below the Details of the error.

When ZWAR is a billing type and ZREW is an order type....why do you have entries maintained in VTAA and VTFA? Do you have different documents (billing types, order types) with the same names?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think,system would have showed you table -TVCPA in OVV0 right .Ensure in VTAF at header and item level ,there is item category at item level or not in VTAF.

Thanks,

Naren

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Kindly check if correct item category is assigned for the respective document in VTAF T-Code or not.

Also check the customization in Copy control for the same.

If not then please check some  SAP OSS Notes for same and confirm.

Hope this solve your issue.

Regards,

Kundan

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that is what system is taking me to OVV0. In OVV0, system is showing table -TVCPA. I am getting the error message "Table  cannot be edited using the old standard maintenance" in OVV0.

In VTAF, I am facing a peculiar problem. Firstly in that screen there is no entry. When I created the combination of Target and Source Document type and saving them at Header and Item level, after I reenter into that T Code, the screen is once again blank.

I dont know what is the problem.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

In VTAF, I am facing a peculiar problem. Firstly in that screen there is no entry.

Please check this again.

Also are you working on IDES / Sandbox system or a "real" system?

If VTAF is blank, this would be a BIG (HIGH priority) issue!!!

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, I am working on SandBox in Realtime project. How can I correct this.