cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java script error occurred when I open the Layout design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm installing the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 trail version, When I try to open the Web Dynpro layout it gives the javascript error, then I'm unable to work on Designing. Regarding this I had looked on SCN discussions some of them is mentioned we need to activate service mentioned in the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

I activated all the services, but still I am getting Same problem.

Please help me..

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is solved,

Solution: Increase the time out value to 180 of the both SMTP and HTTP  services in the transaction SMICM.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide screenshot with error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

when I try to open layout of view design I get the Below Popup, then i'm unable to create any UI elements in the view.

Regsrds,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SP level of SAP_BASIS component. If Note 1483210 - View layout preview | Blank screen or Javascript error is relevant to your system please implement it and check again.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna,

I have tried the below things which are mentioned in the link. But still I got the same problem.

Mainly I'm unable to design the view.

JavaScript Versions
A JavaScript version older than the one on the back end is installed on your computer. An obsolete file can easily be used since the JavaScript files are stored in the ICM server cache as well as in your browser cache. To prevent this happening:

• Delete the files in your browser cache
  • In your browser go to Tools -> Internet Options. Under Temporary Internet Files choose Delete Files and Delete Cookies.
  • Delete the files in the ICM Server Cache

In transaction SMICM choose Goto -> HTTP Server Cache -> Invalidate -> Global in System.

Regards,

Venkat.