SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error with the external tax system(vertex_ms0018)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have installed ECC6 IDES S/W on my PC. I have activated SAP Insurance module (FS-CD). When I try to create business partner using FPP1 with US address, It is throwing error as follows:

"communication error with the external tax system(vertex_ms0018)"

I dont want to use any external Tax system like Vertex etc. because I am not calculating any taxes.

I gave correct US address with valid ZIP etc. but no use.

Please help me if any one of you has idea. How to overcome this error. How to deactivate connection to external tax system.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Giri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

The menu you are looking is on the following path of the SPRO transaction:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Tax Jurisdictions > Using Non-SAP Tax Software

There you should be able to see clicking on "Assign RFC Destination to Country" the RFC destination.

If you really don't want to use it, then just remove 'V' from it.

You can just erase it (the function modules) or check what's wrong with the RFC connection using SM59 (or clicking on the previous item "Define RFC Destination for Tax Code".

Have also a look at the tax calculation definition using OBBG.

Normally you would have US | USA | TAXUS
If you are using the external software you would put TAXUSJ here (OBBG)

Hopefully this will sort your problem. If not, please provide more details.

Cheers

Jorge Laranjo

<phone number and email removed by moderator>

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

The menu you are looking is on the following path of the SPRO transaction:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Tax Jurisdictions > Using Non-SAP Tax Software

There you should be able to see clicking on "Assign RFC Destination to Country" the RFC destination.

If you really don't want to use it, then just remove 'V' from it.

You can just erase it (the function modules) or check what's wrong with the RFC connection using SM59 (or clicking on the previous item "Define RFC Destination for Tax Code".

Have also a look at the tax calculation definition using OBBG.

Normally you would have US | USA | TAXUS
If you are using the external software you would put TAXUSJ here (OBBG)

Hopefully this will sort your problem. If not, please provide more details.

Cheers

Jorge Laranjo

0 Kudos

Thanks Jorge,

As you said I have removed ‘V’ from the Ext system column and saved it.

After that I tried again FPP1 with valid US address

I got different error this time as below:

"Internal error in IGS2, US. RFC: Connection error Destination: IGS_RFC_DEST_XSERVER_NA"

Then I have verified the below using OBBG:

(Refer attachemnt)

Then I verified SM59 to check connection:

( Refer attachemnt)

Got below error but I really don’t know what this means.

( Refer attachemnt)

Even after doing all the above I got the below error.

"Internal error in IGS2, US. RFC: Connection error Destination: IGS_RFC_DEST_XSERVER_NA"

I have sent you (<phone number and email removed by moderator>) the attachment with more details.

Your help will be greatly appreciated,

Regards

Giri

0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

I've notice that you took the 'V' from the configuration but you left the RFC destination.

Clearly the RFC destination is not working thus the reason you get the error (in your case, your server can't determine a valid IP address for the host iwdf8334.wdf.sap.corp).

To sort out the problem you got I can think of at least two ways:

1. Get the RFC connection working (get the correct setup for it) using transaction SM59

2. Or if you don't really need the external tax calculations, remove the RFC configuration from TAXUJ under Assign RFC Destination to Country on the Cross-Application SPRO entry.

3. You can always add TAXUS to transaction OBBG if you require it (as it comes out of the box).

This should fix the problem you are having but I'm assuming you don't need the external tax calculations.

If you do, just fix the connection using SM59 (you may want to ask for help from your Basis team if you don't know how to do it).

Cheers

Jorge Laranjo

0 Kudos

Jorge,

As said by you, I have removed RFC Configuration from the respective path but the issue still exists.

I am not sure what else is going wrong. Kindly suggest any other settings.

Appreciate your time.

Thx

Giri

0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

If you could post or send across screenshots of the configuration that would help to diagnose it.
You still get the RFC configuration even after removing it from the Tax Juris. configuration?

Cheers

Jorge Laranjo

0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

I can't see the entries under Tax Jurisdiction for US on your screenshots. You don't need to remove them, just clear the contents of it.

Plus on OBBG you still have the link to TAXUSJ. I believe that you would be better with TAXUS or remove it altogether if you don't use it.

That will break the link to that external VERTEX entry and the RFC call.

You should be able to figure out what is not working or where's the link to the RFC by looking around

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Tax Jurisdictions

In the worst case scenario, have a look using the debugger as I'm assuming your system is plain vanilla and that may well not be the case (you may have other customizing or code on some exit or event).

Cheers

Jorge Laranjo

0 Kudos

Thank you - it did resolve my issue.

0 Kudos

Phone number and email address are removed from comments.

It is not allowed in the SAP Community to post personal information. Please check the SAP Community rules of engagement for more information: https://www.sap.com/community/about/rules-of-engagement.html