cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Interchangeability using STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know the customizing settings in GATP for the Product Interchangeability scenario using STO?

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

All the necessary customizing can be found in SAP Help.

Keep in mind that just material substitution is allowed for STOs.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help. I have replicated the scenario based on the above SAP Help Documentation but was unable to get the desired result. Could you please help me regarding this and let me know if I am missing something?

The below are the steps I followed:

1) Created 2 products P1 and P2 each in location L1 and L2

2) Created a Supersession Chain

3) Created a Product Substitution Procedure(PSP) and assigned the above Supersession Chain

4) Created a Location Chain and also defined an activity to it

5) Created a Location Determination Procedure(LDP) and assigned the above Location Chain

6) Created a Rule Control in Integrated Rule Maintenance

7) Created a Rule and assigned the PSP, LDP under the Interchangeability Master Data. Also, assigned Rule Control to this Rule

😎  Maintained a Condition Type and assigned the above rule

9) Maintained stock only for P2 in L2 location.

10) Simulated the above situation using /SAPAPO/AC04.

The Interchangeability Check has happened correctly but I am unable to get the Stock Transfer happenning from L2 to L1.

As far as I know, if Interchangeability process involves Locations also, we can perform this check only in Simulation Mode. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Could you please help me regarding this? Sorry for the inconvenience caused, if any.

Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Did you maintain a Tlane between L2 -> L1 ? /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1

Did you set the STO flag for the activity assigned to the LDP ?

First try just the location substitution - without any product substitutiion.

The /SAPAPO/AC04 simulation does not create any STO...as it is just a simulation. Try a sales order confirmation via VA01/VA02.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have tried all options. But, was unsuccessful in all these.

The SCM 670 documentation on GATP says that Interchangeability can be achieved in 2 ways ---- Rule Maintenance and Direct Interchangeability. In the Check Instructions whenever the option "Inc Master Data" is selected, the "Direct Interchangeability" functionality will be used i.e the Supersession Chain and subsequently the Product Substitution Procedure assigned to a rule will be called. In this case, this rule need not be assigned to a Condition type using /SAPCND/AO11.

The above Documentation also says that only Product Interchangeability can be achieved through "Direct Interchangeability". This would be achieved by Sales Orders.

The current scenario I am trying to set up is "Product Interchangeability for STO using 'Direct Interchangeability' ". For this scenario, I have made the settings of Supersession Chain, PSP, Location Chain, LDP in /INCMD/UI. In the Location Chain, I have also defined an activity wherein I have defined the "Means of Transport" and activated the "Stock Transfer" option.

I have defined a Rule to which I have assigned "PSP(Inc.Md)" and "LDP(Inc.Md)" under the tab "Prod+Loc.Sub(Inc. Md)". I have assined a rule control also to this rule. I have assigned this rule to a Condition Type using /SAPCND/AO11 as well.

In the Check Instructions, I have selected the Options "Activate RBA" and selected the option "Inc Master Data".

I created 2 materials M1 and M2 in both locations L1 and L2. Stocks of M1 and M2 are zero in L1. In L2, stock of M1 is 0 and stock of M2 is 10. I created a sales order of 5 for M1 in L1. My usual expectation was confirmation should happen for M2 in L2 and a quantity of 5 should be transferred from L2 to L1.

But, this wasn't the case. Since "Inc Master Data" option was activated, it checked for the Product Substitution Procedure using Supersession Chains and returned a zero confirmed quantity as M2 in L1 is also 0.

Kindly help me regarding this.

PS: I have replicated the above scenario i.e. Product Interchangeability for STO for 1 material using "Rule Maintenance" and it worked fine. The issue is only with Product Interchangeability for STO using "Direct Interchangeability".

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Are you trying to call RBA via Stock transport order??

If yes, it wont work.

RBA creates sub items. And STO object does not support the sub item structure, so RBA does not work with STO.

if you create SO , then with above setting you will get your stock transfer orders.

Pravin Mukkawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

RBATP(Classic RBATP or RBATP using the Rule Maintenance) works with STO. I have set up this scenario and it worked. In this case, we do not create a STO directly. But, we create a Sales Order(SO). When a SO is placed, it calls the STO functionality internally. This happens because we activate the field "Stock Transfer" in the "Location Determination Activity" of "Integrated Rule Maintenance" (/SAPAPO/RBA04). This "Location Determination Activity" will be assigned to the "Location Determination Procedure".

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrikant,

That's very much possible. What i asked is if your source is STO for ATP then RBA wont work..

with SO as sales order STO can be easily created.  In the earlier explanation of yours you said, you are using STO thats the reason i asked.

Apology, but can you mentioned your exact issues?  what is mean by you want to achieve prod interchangeability via STO? (when STO is not the source)

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

The sequence of the steps I followed are the ones that I have mentioned as a reply to Michael.

The issue is that when Supersession Chains are being used, Interchangeability through "Direct Interchangeability" is not working for STO.

For STO, since 2 locations are involved, Location Interchangeability or the check for an alternate product(or multiple products) in multiple locations is not being supported through "Direct Interchangeability". However, search for an alternate product in only 1 location is being supported through "Direct Interchangeability".

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

But i think you are already mentioned above which is true.

"The above Documentation also says that only Product Interchangeability can be achieved through "Direct Interchangeability".

That is the reason i am asking what is the concerns?  what exactly are you trying for?

as already aware, STO does not support Rules based ATP. and the check 'InC Master Data' only works for product substitutions only.

If its ok for you, can you mention again, what you are trying to achieve?

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

The SCM 670 documentation doesn't speak anything specific about SO or STO.

All I want to know is if Product Interchangeability through "Direct Interchangeability" for STO is supported by Standard SAP.

If it is, could I get some notes/docs which mentions the limitations of "Direct Interchangeability" for GATP?

As for the scenario I setup, I am unable to come to a conclusion whether Product Interchangeability is supported for STO using "Direct Interchangeability".  If my setup and the process followed is correct, then I can say that Product Interchangeability is not supported for STO using "Direct Interchangeability". But, I need another person's help to validate this statement/assumption.  If Product Interchangeability is supported for STO using "Direct Interchangeability", I would like to know if I am missing something in the customizing I have made so that I can correct my customizing.

Also, as Michael mentioned that Product Interchangeability for STO is supported, I would like to know from him if he means "Product Interchangeability for STO through 'Rule Maintenance' " or "Product Interchangeability for STO through 'Direct Interchangeability' ".

Hope you understand.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Got it and i was thinking same but wanted to confirm.

you mentioned SO while writing to Michele and thats where i started asking considering you are creating SO (source SO).

but now you confirmed your source if ATP check is STO from ECC.

Let me try to replicate the same and confirm you. if i have the same behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do let me know have you configured the inter company stock transfer or trying with St location stock transfer.

how you are creating your stock transfer order.

Pravin

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

As Pravin already mentioened we have to distinguish if the GATP check was triggered by a sales order or by an STO from ECC:

1. In case of sales orders you can use the "direct" INCMD- RBA check with product substitution only -> no STO creation possible as it is just allowed for location substitution.

2. In case of sales orders with "normal" INCMD RBA check with location substitution you might active the STO creation via the acitivity in the LDP. This should create a STO from

L2 to L1.

3. In case of STOs you can use the direct or "normal" INCMD RBA check with product substitution. Location substitution is not supported and thus no STO creation via the rules !

Sorry, I dont know any standard documentation besides the SAP Help to help you rechecking

your customizing.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am using Sales Orders to setup this scenario. When a SO is created, it automatically calls the STO functionality. This is because of the Activity Type setting.

I have also tried creating STO directly in ERP. But, it didn't work.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. This explanation solves my doubts.

As I have mentioned to Pravin already, I am using only SO for my scenario.

As far as I know, Point 2 of your reply corresponds to the scenario of Classic RBATP mentioned in the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/48/14573b5108fe13e10000000a11402f/content.htm?frameset...

I have tried this scenario and it worked fine. This scenario uses PSP, LDP etc.. from the Integrated Rule Maintenance.

I am trying to setup the same scenario using Supersession Chain, PSP, and LDP of Interchangeability Groups (/INCMD/UI).

Seems like this is not supported in GATP.

My current project needs a solution regarding the scope of Interchangeability. Just wanted to be sure(by checking in the system) before providing them a solution.

If its ok for you, could you please let me know if I can get any OSS notes related to Interchangeability?

Thanks for the help and your time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, if any.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.