cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination on different forwarding agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have searched the forum for route determination based on forwarding agents but there was one thread useful .

http://scn.sap.com/thread/457642

This thread talks about the different agents based on route.

We have a similar issue but with the agents.

Our client has two agents to deal with  Agent A and Agent B.  These both are consolidators in nearby towns.

Lets say we have customers in ZoneC and we are shipping from Zone A.

We want Route 1 to be adopted in the delivery(created without reference to the order) when Agent A is selected as the forwarding agent and

We want Route 2 to be adopted in the delivery(created without reference to the order) when Agent B is selected as the forwarding agent.

Is there a standard way to determine / over ride the route ?  which I am thinking the answer is No because for the route to be populated we need the shipping zone and receiving zone . In my case they are same but want to adopt a new route based on the agent.

Thanks

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to create your own customer table where you decide the criteria (fields) to determine the route and update the delivery adding proper coding in FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE  (MV50AFZ1).

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Yes I have pursued all these options.  We want to go by the option 1 preferrably but how would you determine a new route by forwarding agent when both the transportation zones are same?

Because we are sending from East zone to West zone .Only thing is we want to make sure we reflect the forwarding agent as a load transfer when the route is selected. So if I choose a carrier 1 it is all ok. The only thing is how do we select a different route when i change the carrier?

thanks

SK

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can Enter the Forwarding agent in different ways

1.you can define seperate route with forwarding Agent in Routes

2.you can enter it manually in the shipment header document

3.you also copy it from the delivery document with the route.