cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI application not sending a HTTP 200 OK response to SAP MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue in our production landscape which is a SOAP to WS scenario where SAP MII posts a SOAP message to PI for a particular interface, however MII team claims that they did not receive a 200 OK back from PI system, hence the message MII was trying to post keeps on getting posted to PI and there after ECC resulting in duplicates.

Has any one faced this issue before. This issue is faced only with one of the interfaces from this MII system and all other messages posted from MII to PI are getting a response back. The SOAP sender comm channel config is same for all messages. QOS is EO and SOAP envelope is not used.

We have identified standard SAP guidelines on these and asked MII team to implement, however any advise on the above issue will be helpful. Has any one faced a similar issue before?

Regards,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

so which HTTP did they receive? If we can assume that they don't post the same message multiple times in parallel, the first call must have terminated, right? So the question: What did they receive from PI? Some other HTTP code? Or no response at all? I highly doubt that the latter is the case, and in the first case their system should have thrown an exception.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

Thanks for your response. They say they did not receive any response/error message from PI and this is happening only for a particular interface. Rest all their interfaces to PI works fine, They get appropriate responses from PI. We find this very weird. Also this first message which does not receive a 200 OK blocks other messages in the queue and keeps on retrying in particular defined interval. We have anyways asked them to change this. However the reason why they are not receiving a response only for a paricular interface is puzzling.

Appreciate any support in this.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

can you deploy the XPI Inspector on your system? You can then trace communication of this message and watch all HTTP traffic very closely. I believe this will give you some more information about what is going on here. What I read from you sounds a bit contradictory. On the one hand you say they never receive a response, which means the call never terminates, but on the other hand you say the system keeps retrying, which means the calls fail and the system tries again. That's why I recommend you the XPI Inspector. It will give you also information about HTTP codes sent to the sender system.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Their design is such that upon non receipt of 200 OK from PI the message keeps on resending the same message. All these messages reach PI and clog the ECC system.

Regards,

Sriram