cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for QA environment refresh - Master Data management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if there is any Best Practice from SAP in regards to QA Environment refreshes, as a copy from Production.

Specifically, we want to avoid having issues with outputs being sent out to real customer address contacts (e.g. e-mails), so when doing a manual copy do yo know if there is any recommendation from SAP to prevent this?

I was thinking about something that would copy everything except for customer master sensitive address information (e.g. e-mail address, fax number).

Otherwise is it suggested to modify all outputs' processing time to "Manual" instead of "Immediatly" right after the Production copy was done?

Those are just some of the options we went thru, but was wondering if there was any best practice for this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Florencia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First i wanted to ask you why do you want to copy Prod to Quality.

Usually client do it as they want to test data close to production. So why to delete any data.

Specifically, we want to avoid having issues with outputs being sent out to real customer address contacts (e.g. e-mails), so when doing a manual copy do yo know if there is any recommendation from SAP to prevent this?

Second thing if you are worried about this. Why dont you do a system copy and before the system comes online set the background process as 0 . Start the system and disable scot settings so that no email are triggered to the client.

Once the SCOT is disabled try to set the background process back to what it was.

For all the old pending work flow that are sitting you can go and delete them. Alos delete the pending email in SOST. Please follow the steps for system copy guide .

You should use system copy for the Refresh. Please copy the system copy guide.

Thanks

Rishi abrol