cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Request SSCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

currently I have some issues with requesting SSCC Number Range from OER. When requesting Initial Number Range via SAP AII I could not enter "Serial Number from" and "Serial Number To". I entered besides Company Prefix following settings before:

Tag Encoding Type: SSCC

Alter Treshold of...: 80

Interval of NR Values: 10000

Now it is curious that I have no other lines with "Seiral Number From" and "Serial Number to". I think that is also the error. OER does not know which interval to send back to AII. Also I tried to edit the Number Range Request by clicking "Edit" but then it is showing me following error:

"Editing not possible because 'Request flag' has value x"

In OER transaction SLG1 there is an message with: Number range request for   was rejected.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Fatih

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in central number range administration scenario betwee local AII & Central OER, user will not get option for "Number from" & "Number to". the interval & alert threshold decides the range for the same. in case of initial numbe range request, central OER will send initial number range to local AII. When this number range reaches to threshold percentage, local AII sends the number range request to central OER. in response to this, OER sends next number range.

Resending or editing of request until , request flag is set is not allowed.

possible error is config of central & local instance or RFC connection with central instance or interface not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gauri,

how can I identify why OER rejected my request?

Thank you.

Regards,

Fatih

Edit: When requesting the number range we changed the ID-Type from GS1_SER to ZGS1_SER. After that we rolled the configuration back. Is it possible to delete the request and create it again? You said above that it is not possible to edit something with the request flag. Is there really no option?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Hello Gauri,

we solved the issue as following:

Changed the Request Flag in the table from X into Blank. After this I was able to resend the request and it worked.

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,

Fatih

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fatih,

1. As Gauri mentioned above, if OER is involved (Central number range administration) then the serial number from & serial number to fields donot appear while requesting initial number range.

2. If you are looking forward to implement more than one SAP AII instance in your scenario with the OER, then "serial number from" & "serial number to" fields are important in which case you have the Allocate Number Range & Block Number Ranges facility in the OER to help you with.

3. If OER is not able to send the first 10000 numbers on request, there is a possibility the number range is not properly formed or maintained in the OER's  /AIN/NRADMIN transaction.

4. Please check the http://scn.sap.com/thread/3365519 to know more abt OER's Request Rejected status.

5. If you want to delete a raised request of encoding type lets say SSCC, use transaction /AIN/SSCC to do so.

Hope I was of some help.

Regards

Sam