cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas: Pass Value on to subsequent screens.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I did a recording in Personas to display the PO Print Preview.   I am reading the PO number from an initial screen and passing it to the me23n screen and clicking Print Preview.

All this works fine and I am able to see the print preview.

I have added some functionality on the Print Preview Screen and need PO Number as the input for this functionality. I am passing PO Number from the initial screen but not getting the value on the PO Print Preview screen, I am using the Copy Value and Paste Value functionality.

Please advice me on how to pass the value.

Regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are on Kernal Patch 137 and also updated to the latest Service Pack for Personas 2 days back and still facing the problem.

Have reported it as a bug to SAP. Yet to hear from them.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not completely sure I understand your scenario, but my guess is that you have a "PO Number" field on the start screen, and a button with a script that copies that number and navigates to the print preview screen for that PO. You then have another button on the print preview screen that needs the same PO number for whatever it is about to do. Is that right? And you are wanting to communicate the PO number copied by the first script to the second script, yes?

The simplest way to do that is to add a custom text field on the print preview screen and have the first script paste the value in there, and have the second script copy it from there. Once the scripts are set up you can hide this field since the user doesn't need to see it. It is just for communication between the two scripts.

Does that help? If I have misunderstood your problem, please post a more detailed description and I'll try again

Steve.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Steve, you have understood it right. I tried doing a copy paste on the Print Preview screen with Text box, but unfortunately I don't get anything on the Print Preview screen. The value is gone.

I have to use the PO Number to pass it to another script. on the Print Preview button.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you post your scripts? Save them from the script editor and attach them to this discussion.

Steve.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos
object
{2}

Id:80970e36-3a5e-474d-afc0-e6ed10f32e36

Actions
[12]

{6}

ActionCategory:0

Action:4099

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/ctxtMEPO_TOPLINEEBELN

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/ctxtMEPO_TOPLINEEBELN

AdjustedID:null

Content:EBELN

{6}

Action:4098

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd

Content:/nme23n

{6}

Action:51

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0010/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1102/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL2SUBSAPLMERELVI1100/ctlcntRELEASE_INFO/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid/rowcol/row[1]/cell[0]

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI__COMMON__/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1102/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabbtnDYN_1102TABSTRIP12/content/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid/row[1]/cell[0]

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL2SUBSAPLMERELVI1100/ctlcntRELEASE_INFO/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid/rowcol/row[1]/cell[0]

Content:null

{6}

Action:4097

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0010/subcntSUB3SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1301/subcntSUB2SAPLMEGUI1303/tabstripITEM_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL1SUBSAPLMEGUI1330/subcntADDRESSSAPLMMDA0200/subcntADDRESSSAPLSZA10300/subcntCOUNTRY_SCREENSAPLSZA10301/txtADDR1_DATANAME1

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI__COMMON__/subcntSUB3SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1301/subcntSUB2SAPLMEGUI1303/tabstripITEM_DETAIL/tabbtnDYN_1302TABSTRIP15/content/subcntADDRESSSAPLMMDA0200/subcntADDRESSSAPLSZA10300/subcntCOUNTRY_SCREENSAPLSZA10301/txtADDR1_DATANAME1

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI/subcntSUB3SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI/subcntSUB2SAPLMEGUI/tabstripITEM_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL1SUBSAPLMEGUI1330/subcntADDRESSSAPLMMDA/subcntADDRESSSAPLSZA0/subcntCOUNTRY_SCREENSAPLSZA1/txtADDR1_DATANAME1

{6}

Action:3

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[17]

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[17]

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[17]

{6}

Action:4100

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[1]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECTEBELN

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[1;SAPLMEGUI;0002]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECTEBELN

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[1]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI/ctxtMEPO_SELECTEBELN

{6}

Action:4100

ControlID:Personas/14589edb-129d-4b8b-8292-a86c97b9c77f

DerivedID:

AdjustedID:null

{6}

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[1]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECTEBELN

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[1;SAPLMEGUI;0002]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0003/ctxtMEPO_SELECTEBELN

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[1]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI/ctxtMEPO_SELECTEBELN

{6}

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[1;SAPLMEGUI;0002]/tbar[0]/btn[0]

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[1]/tbar[0]/btn[0]

{6}

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0010/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1102/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL2SUBSAPLMERELVI1100/ctlcntRELEASE_INFO/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI__COMMON__/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1102/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabbtnDYN_1102TABSTRIP12/content/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL2SUBSAPLMERELVI1100/ctlcntRELEASE_INFO/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid

{6}

Action:51

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0010/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1102/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL2SUBSAPLMERELVI1100/ctlcntRELEASE_INFO/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid/rowcol/row[1]/cell[0]

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI__COMMON__/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS1100/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS1200/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI1102/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabbtnDYN_1102TABSTRIP12/content/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid/row[1]/cell[0]

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI/subcntSUB1SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB2SAPLMEVIEWS/subcntSUB1SAPLMEGUI/tabstripHEADER_DETAIL/tabpageTABSTRIPCONTROL2SUBSAPLMERELVI1100/ctlcntRELEASE_INFO/cntRELEASE_INFO/grid/rowcol/row[1]/cell[0]

{6}

ControlID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[20]

DerivedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[20]

AdjustedID:ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[1]/btn[20]

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This script works fine for the Print Preview. After that I tried doing a paste value on the text box, label , button. It didn't work. If I put in any text and do an Enter Value, it works but the paste Value does not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I thought you'd be able to add the file as an attachment rather than pasting the content into a comment. You can do that when you create a discussion, but not that I look it seems you can't do that with an existing discussion. It is quite hard for me to extract that and import it into my system to look at. If you look in my SCN profile you'll see my email address. Please email me the file.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

I was able to attach file after switching to advanced editor.

The data pasted by OP was in tabular format, so pasting it in excel and resizing column made it easier to look at.

I saved the excel file as xml spreadsheet 2003 format as xml file can be uploaded as attachment.

I know nothing about personas.

This reply is posted to test whether the comment will have attachment on save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, fantastic, I didn't think to try the advanced editor. Thanks for that! Unfortunately the reformatted file isn't very helpful - I really need the original

So, , could you please comment again and attach the original script export to your comment using the advanced editor, and I'll look at it.

Thanks,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your script runs ME23N, switches to the correct document, then pastes the PO number in a field in ME23N before pushing the print preview button.

You then have a button on this print preview screen that needs to access the PO number you pasted above, right? I think you just need to paste the PO Number in a field on the print preview screen - the same screen as the second button. You're pasting it one screen too early. My version is attached.

Does that make sense?

Steve.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I tried using your script and have my new script on the similar lines. It does not work for me. I am trying to paste the value into a textbox. Does not pastes anything.

I am attaching the new version of the script alongwith.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just imported your script into my system. After correcting the IDs of the custom fields to match the ones I created it works for me. I have a custom field on the Print Preview screen and that has the PO number pasted into it by the end of the script. I've attached a screen capture of the process working for me, just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. The PDF preview in the HTML control disappears after being rendered, but that's a separate problem - I assume that doesn't happen for you?

Are you up to date with Personas OSS notes and kernel patches? Which support pack of Personas are you running? SP02? Since it seems to me that your script is correct, I would look at patch levels as the cause.

By the way, the "Focus" actions in your script aren't needed. The recording process puts them there but they are rarely useful. I always delete them to make the script shorter and so easier to edit after recording.

Steve.

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

We are running SP02 and on Kernal 721 path level 137. I also updated the latest xap file i.e. SAP Note 1924466, but I am still facing the problem.

I am not able to paste the value in the text box.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I'm stumped. As far as I can tell, your script should work as you expect, and it certainly works for me on my system. At this point you should probably create an OSS message and report it as a bug. Along with the details of the problem, I would refer them to this thread in the body of the report.

Steve.

s0007226202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing similar issues.  We have a script doing exactly the same thing in another transaction (SAP PM), however on 1 system (NW 7.3 system with Personas SP2 and patch level 137) this is working, and on another system (NW 7.01 with Personas SP2 and patch level 100) , the exact same script is not working.

We will also report this as a bug.

BR ,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would get the 7.01 system up to a more recent kernel patch level before reporting it. Just to avoid them suggesting that very thing as the first attempt at a fix! There are Personas related fixes in those intervening patch levels, so it is certainly plausible that would fix it anyway.

Steve.