cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NWDS 7.3 SP06 good enough to Replace the Conventional Java Start based ESR, ID Development model ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Our customer wants to go with NWDS usage for doing end-end PI Developments. Regular way of accessing using Java Start will NOT be provided for development activities for some technical reasons.

Point I want to understand:

1. Can we do full fledged developments of ESR using NWDS alone only ?  {I know there used to be missing functionalities like Context handling, UDFs issues etc but from NWDS SP06 onwards most of the issues are ironed out as per SAP claims }

But still, the question remains --> Is it safe to assume the all the features available on Java start based ESR are fully available in the NWDS dev environment.

OR

Should we still have both ways of developments available as an fall-back option

-Santosh    

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my current project, am using NWDS 7.31 SP08.

As ESR not so well furnitured in NWDS, am using Java start.

For ID part, each and every things am doing in nwds[except TR gereration].

I would say, NWDS ESR is not matured, and swing client is perfect to use.

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that NWDS 7.31 SP08 is not a fully matured product, and even we want to get back to the customer asking to keep the Java Start based access also.

But to substantiate client is asking to showcase examples where in NWDS is not sufficient enough to complete the developments.

Can somebody provide the list of missing features in NWDS env  VS compated to Java start based ESR access.

Santy