cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Sync DC - Connection Time Out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am able to login to NWDI and access the CMS, CBS, DTR without any issues. But while I am trying to sync the DCs after importing the NWDI track (CE 7.1.1) -> It waits for a prohibitive amount of time -> Connection times out -> Unable to sync any DCs.

We checked everything on the server side and seems alright.

1. Update statistics of all DTR tables – Complete

2. TEMP tablespace – 10GB available

3. DB space and log volume area is not full

Attaching NWDS and Internet Proxy settings. Please let me know.

Extract from the log -

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.dii05.lib 4 0 2013-10-09 13:00:08.343

!MESSAGE Sync Sources

!SUBENTRY 1 com.sap.tc.build...OSS:BC-CTS-CBS-CLI 4 0 2013-10-09 13:00:08.343

!MESSAGE Unable to sync file or folder.: Sync for folder D:\Documents and Settings\dhanya.nayak\Desktop\DONT DELETE nwds_711_sp11_full\Workspace_CE.jdi\0\DCs\X.com\5ycap_v01_impl\_comp\ failed: Communication error [cause: Read timed out]

!STACK 0

com.sap.tc.devconf.SyncException: Unable to sync file or folder.: Sync for folder D:\Documents and Settings\dhanya.nayak\Desktop\DONT DELETE nwds_711_sp11_full\Workspace_CE.jdi\0\DCs\X.com\5ycap_v01_impl\_comp\ failed: Communication error [cause: Read timed out]

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DTRClientErrorMapper.toSyncException(DTRClientErrorMapper.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.VFSHandler.syncLocalPath(VFSHandler.java:281)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.DtrServiceAdapter.syncSources(DtrServiceAdapter.java:842)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.DtrServiceAdapter.syncAsSources(DtrServiceAdapter.java:1294)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxy.syncAsSources(DCProxy.java:4064)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentConfiguration.syncAsSources(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3969)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentComponentNode.syncAsSources(DevelopmentComponentNode.java:498)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.commands.dc.sync.SyncSourcesJob.doInWorkerThread(SyncSourcesJob.java:144)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.api.job.JdiJob$1.doInWorkerThread(JdiJob.java:77)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$3$1.run(InternalJdiJob.java:198)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1797)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1779)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$3.run(InternalJdiJob.java:207)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.BusyBackgroundIndicator.showWhile(BusyBackgroundIndicator.java:74)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob.internalRun(InternalJdiJob.java:188)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalDiiJob.runInternal(InternalDiiJob.java:305)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalDiiJob.runR(InternalDiiJob.java:203)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalDiiJob.run(InternalDiiJob.java:191)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Caused by: com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.VfsException: Sync for folder D:\Documents and Settings\dhanya.nayak\Desktop\DONT DELETE nwds_711_sp11_full\Workspace_CE.jdi\0\DCs\X.com\5ycap_v01_impl\_comp\ failed: Communication error [cause: Read timed out]

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.SyncRemoveFeatureMget.syncMountedFolder(SyncRemoveFeatureMget.java:311)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.SyncRemoveFeature.sync(SyncRemoveFeature.java:544)

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.impl.VfsFolder.sync(VfsFolder.java:1643)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.VFSHandler.syncLocalPath(VFSHandler.java:267)

... 17 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

go to NWDS menu -- Window -- Show View -- look for Error Log, reproduce the error and send me the error if you see any after error reproduction.

By the way, did you import the SCs in CMS webui (Transport Studio) -- Development tab before importing the devconfig into your NWDS ?

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin,

Giving you some background.

This was working track and in use earlier. We recently did an Amazon cloud migration. I see some 13 open conflicts in the track - though looks unrelated to the DC I am trying to import.

From CMS DEV and CONS - I dont see any SCs. Is there any step we need to perform here?

Extract from the log -

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.jvm.check 1 0 2013-10-15 14:28:52.359

!MESSAGE JVM Version Check succeeded.

!ENTRY Startup 1 0 2013-10-15 14:28:52.671

!MESSAGE Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio - 201302182203

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.dii05.lib 4 4 2013-10-15 14:31:28.531

!MESSAGE Failed to calculate or set the IDs for resource: com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.cache.CacheManager$UUID_XMIResourceImpl@955d1c uri='file:/D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/dhanya.nayak/Desktop/DONT%20DELETE%20nwds_711_sp11_full/Workspace_CE/.metadata/.plugins/com.sap.ide.dii05.lib/cache/0/sam~stage_advance.dc'

!STACK 0 java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

!MESSAGE Unable to sync file or folder.: Sync for folder D:\Documents and Settings\dhanya.nayak\Desktop\DONT DELETE nwds_711_sp11_full\Workspace_CE.jdi\0\DCs\x.com\5ycap_v01\_comp\ failed: Communication error [cause: Read timed out]

!STACK 0

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please let me know what can you see on the CBS webui for the same track?How many DCs have been imported there? You also mentioned conflicts but did you mean broken DCs? If yes, let me know and I send some hints how to eliminate them.

Regarding the client side problem (read time out when syncing in nwds) could you please let me know whether the problem persists if you switch to a brand new nwds workspace and re-import the development configuration of this track?

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

by the way I believe even if you have dtr collisions it should be possible to sync the DCs to your local space using nwds. collision resolution can be done using nwds too so I think the syncing issue and the collision problem are two separate issues here. Please also check the network connection related preferences inside nwds (proxy settings).

Former Member
0 Kudos

GM Ervin,

I am able to sync other tracks of a different NWDI (7.01) from the same NWDS (7.1.1) without any issues. While i try to this specific server NWDI  7.1.1 get time out. So I think it might not be proxy related.

In CBS for the specific track - all the DCs are in GREEN compile state - no broken / dirty DCs.

I am able to import the track and see all the DCs. Once I click on Sync Inactive/Active sources - It waits forever saying - Getting dependencies - Finally time out after severe delay.

I have already tried - deleting the config - changing workspace - reimporting - same error,

After cloud migration of server are we supposed to "Initialize Build Compartment" or perform any mandatory steps? Something seems really not so apparent here.

Thanks,

Dhanya

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

could you please re-save the problematic track?

Please also create a new NWDS workspace (I know you did this already) but this time try to specify a shorter path like c:\testworkspace. Please also doublecheck whether you have full permission to your NWDS workspace.

After this make another attempt to sync, and if this still doesn't work, then try this approach:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=247137217

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)