cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA Metadata for Accessibility published via Keyboard control: How does it work?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

System Information:

NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 008, ECC 6.06 (EHP6) SAP_HR 604 Level 65, EA_HR with HR-Renewal 1 607 Level 0016.

Background:

We are currently trying to get our wannabe-screen-reader LunarPlus aka SuperNova Magnifier to work with WebDynpro ABAP applications. The current area needing improvement is, that the screen-reader-module of the utility software does not reliably output an UI-Element's Metadata in case it has been triggered by tabbing into it (it does work when using an access key for navigation instead). We'll meet with a product expert for the said software in about a week.

Question:

I've been wondering what exactly is happening in the framework when I click into a field with the mouse/hover over it, tab into a field with the keyboard or use an access key. Is there a different focus-handling or even a different metadata-publishing using any of these methods? As far as I understood from the accessibility-documents from the sap-design-guild database, the focus is set for an element no matter the navigation approach. Can anybody confirm this? When looking at HTML-rendered WDAs it doesn't really look much different from any native HTMLs either..

Already did:

Read all the documents published via sap design guild

Read numerous sap-notes, the sap help and pretty much every relevant thread on SCN

Would be nice if somebody who has in-depth technical knowledge and experience could verify this, so I know for certain it's that crooked utility software causing problems and not the WDA framework 😕

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have switched testing with JAWS, as SAP does and there are no signs of inconsistencies anymore concerning metadata publishing between mosueover/onHover and keyboard access. The rendered HTML is, at that, not entirely ISO-compliant regarding accessibility, but that's another story.

Cheers, Lukas