cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Enabler issue of SAP Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the latest outbound enabler rs files still i am facing problem the outbound enabler for Server , portal , iphone and ca get connected and after few minute it get disconneted with everytime with new error.

My port are open between relay server and afaria server able to telnet all the define port .

I am using the latest rs outbound enbaler dll files.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow any of the below step:

1. Close all the rsoe file from task manager and use the new rsoe file

2.  Internal domain to dmz .the firewall restrict the telnet and ping . What i understand you had enable the telnet between this two server please enable the ping request between the two server.

3. Check for any invalid details mention in rsconfig files of outbound enabler

4. check the rs config files for relay server also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan ,

Thanks for the reply. Telnet was enabled between both(Relay and Afaria Server) but ping wasn't enabled. so we Ping enabled the same and everything worked fine thanks Chetan.

Regards

Syed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

You need not have to open port in between Relay server and Afaria server as if you do this then you dont need relay server and you can manage this with any other straight forward reverse proxy e.g. Apache HTTP, Microsoft ARR, etc.

From Afaria server, i reccomand you to create four relay server services to connect CA, Portal, Provisioning and Afaria server. For you you need to create configuration files for each service and then create the service. In configuration file you can use proxy details if your relay server is reachable from Afaria and other server using proxy.

If you still get issues, then please provide the log of RSOE so that we can trace the issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

vobu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have found that in Afaria 7 SP3 HF7, when you check the option "start outbound enabler with relay server" on the Relay Server Configuration Page in the Afaria Admin UI, the Outbound Enabler appends the characters "-IS" to the Farm ID - which results in an unsuccessful communication between Relay Server and Outbound Enabler.

Try navigating to the install directory of the Outbound Enabler and start the OE from the command line with the syntax:

rsoe.exe @"rs.config"

(rs.config is the configuration file that Afaria writes to the file system after you have configured the Relay Server)

Then check the Relay Server logs and the Outbound Enabler log for hopefully successful bidirectional communication.

hth, v.