cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES ECC6 EHP6 with MAXDB problem at ABAP IMPORT on 141 job not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am installing SAP IDES ECC6 EHP6 with MAXDB (having I5 processor and 8 GB ram on my lappi), but on the ABAP IMPORT on 140 jobs it got stuck and taking so much time. total 143 jobs are there and got completed in 7 hours but rest three are not getting started they are in waiting state not getting started. What could be the reason...?? please let me know..

Thank Youuuu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is installed... thanks to all. But i cant see data in the tables...? like in MARA table no entry is there..? can you help me on this..??

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Have you finished up with your installation, what is the client you are using

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you Login in the server what is the logs size and the datasize showing.

What is the cachesize you see in there.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 000 client i think not sure. is the data in 001 client...? Yesterday i just logged in to check is it working or not, it is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are two client 000 and 001 with SAP* and i created my own user also but i couldnot see data in mara table. please help...??

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You have IDES system right, then try in 800, 801 clients.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya thank you..... waooo i can log in to 800 client with default password for DDIC, but still one problem is there it is asking for develooper acces key while creating WDA object....??saying you are not register as a developer on SAPNet.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In order to create or change any standard object or programs you will need the developer access key and you need to register your object in the SAP service marketplace.

For all these to happen, you need to add your systems in SMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have authorization to register Developer, is there any default id through which i can create custom ( Z/Y ) objects, and in WDA objects its also asking for key. so if any other way please suggest

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I don't think we have other option to create a customized objects without registered developer.

regards

kartik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but on the ABAP IMPORT on 140 jobs it got stuck and taking so much time. total 143 jobs

This is not an installation, this must be an export of a system... Installations regularly do not have more than 20 jobs.  My first question is... Is this software legal?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this note will help you.

OSS 1020175 - FAQ: MaxDB installation, upgrade or applying a patch

OSS 767598 - Available SAP MaxDB documentation

BR,

Prabhakar.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

As this is a MaxDB I would install MaxDB Studio and check the log space and data space to see whether they are full or not.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 1 Tb Hard Disk so no problem with space, how can i collect log it is still in running state..:(

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have 1 Tb Hard Disk so no problem with space, how can i collect log it is still in running state

You can have space as much as you want. But that doesn't mean that the database will be using all of them. You need to allocate space for the database to use them.

Install MaxDB Studio or MaxDB Database Manager and check the data and log area.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to install Maxdb manager and then login in the Manager and see the Cache size.

Please also check the log size as mentioned by RB. You will see it once you login in the GUi.

Some times large tables cant be imported as Cache size cant fit them.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

could you paste the import_monitor logs.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

how can i collect import_monitor logs..?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You can find the import_monitor logs in sapinst_instdir (C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\ABAP), directory varies based on your installation product.

As mentioned by others, when the log are is full, all the database task will be suspended until the old log entries are overwritten, which might keep the jobs in waiting.

1. Download Database Manager GUI from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads.

if you maxdb version is above 7.8 download database studio from the same place

2. check the status of database, DBMGUI -> Check -> Database Server -> active (if the log area is full it will have state log full)

3. Take backup, DBMGUI -> Backup -> Backup Wizard

4. Activate automatic backup to avoid log area full situation -

DBMGUI choose Backup -> Backup Wizard --> Activate/Deactivate Automatic Log Backup

regards

kartik