cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Error in the Billing Cancellation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue with Billing process as mentioned below.

I had a Billing document with multiple lines. Out of all those lines, firs line was having procing value as ZERO which was not noticed by user while creating and the Accounting document got posted. Now later user found this while processing Rebate Agreement for the same recipient and found that the Billing document was created incorrectl for the first line item.

So he tried to cancel the billing document but now while cancelling the billing document the cancellation billing document document is created but with the Pricing Error in the first line and not gettin posted to Accounting and hence showing in VFX3.

Now we are unable to re price this cancellation document and there is no cancellation document for cancellation document. And as the original billing document was cancelled we are unable to cancell it again.

Our requirement is that we want to update the Pricing for frist line in the Original Billing Docuement.

If anybody have any idea what to d in such a situation, please revert ASAP.

Quick response would be appricated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

hp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

the situation you described can not be solved with normal methods.

Of course the question here is, how was it possible to create an accounting document for the original invoice? Did the pricing error not occur then, when it had been released to accounting? Did you change in the meantime the pricing procedure?

Now in the cancellation invoice no correction is possible, because it is an exact copy of the conditions of the original invoice.

When the pricing error is present, then on item level VBRP-UVPRS is set to 'X' and the accounting document creation is prevented, the posting status VBRK-RFBSK will be changed to 'F' =  "Posting document not created (pricing error)".

The original invoice can also not be corrected, because after posting to accounting, pricing is locked.

Now to cancel the cancellation does make no sense, because this would only reverse the cancellation, the original invoice with the accounting document remains active.

The only advice I would give is to create an OSS message and send to SAP Support,  the experts there could assist you to correct this inconsistencies.

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I did think the same thing but just wanted to check if anything is missed. Anyway then I will have to find a method which is not normal.

Regards,

hp

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hardik,

Few points for discussion -

1. If the cancellation billing document is not released to accounting, does that mean the billing document (that was cancelled) is still "final".

In other words, customer is going to pay for the billing document (which was cancelled)?

2. If yes, then create a debit memo for the first line item of the billing doc (which was cancelled), to get the correct amount from the customer.