cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate SAP EP with Approach - SAP PI to provide the upload status and EP to extract custom generated reports from ECC?

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to propose the solution design for the project whereby the requirement is to Integrate SAP Enterprise Portal and ECC using SAP PI.

I am working on SAP PI 7.1. The SAP Enterprise Portal will have the controlled access to the external customers who will query the upload status via the User Interface (front-end) and extract custom generated reports from ECC for back-end processing.

The query upload status should display the status of the interface for the file upload (for that day or for earlier files) for that customer and then retrieve the report from the ECC back-end for the transactions contained in the queried file name.

My questions are as below-

1. How to integrate the above systems?
  2. Which adapters should be used?
  3. What is the best approach for building this interface?

All the above mentioned systems (PI, ECC and EP) are in the client landscape only but the front-end from EP will be access controlled for who can run the query.

Can you please help?

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>How to integrate the above systems?

using web services if all calls are sync (which I assume)

>>>Which adapters should be used?

SOAP

>>>What is the best approach for building this interface?

define the criteria - check if there are any existing RFCs which you can use as WS -if not build your own,

remember to use AAE only for sync calls so they will not go via the ABAP stack (PI 7.11)

if this is not possible consider calling ECC directly from EP,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your update.

Process 2) The process flow for the UI from EP to PI and ECC will be as below-

1. UI (Probably Web Dynpro form) will be created on Enterprise Portal
  2. Customer will login and will be able to query the file upload (this should ideally be retrieved from PI for successful or erroneous upload) for the day or select another date
  3. The query upload function should get the monitoring result or the channel log for that interface if at all this is possible and display to the customer on EP UI
  4. The customer can then select to get the retrieve the report from the ECC back-end for the transactions contained in the queried file name.

Yes it will all synchronous flow from the query to the report for the above flow (process 1).

Process 1)

However, before the above UI process, the file would already have been processed via the PI into ECC (RFC /IDOC using standard as much as possible OR proxy) asynchronously. The interface will also be creating a processing log which will be saved on the ECC server file location with the file name as part of the log file name to have the audit trail.

In the ECC back-end the report function can retrieve the processing logs or whatever details are available and display it in the EP. Additionally we are also looking at pro-actively thinking of sending the processing log to the customer so as to minimize the look-up process.

However I am not clear as to how to use the Web Service call and SOAP to get the status from PI monitoring for a particular interface and then display it in EP.

Can you please advise?

Regards,

Archana