Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D images display

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Unable to open 3D images but displaying 2D images. I have a small doubts.

1) Any  need of installation auto cad software on content server

2) Used SAP GUI 730 but I don't know its installed with ECL viewer option

3) configured dc30 settings for drawing with DWG file format.

If I able to display the uploaded drawing its show popup with unable to open. But in right side 3 D views appears without image. like..X , Y and Z

Thanks,

chandu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh Pande,

Issue resolved my self. The problem with file format as posted above URl suggested for 3D (JT stl  ,wrl) so I asked user to send with that format. Now I am able to display.

Thanks for helping

Regards,

chandu

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

I think you did not mentioned the file format correctly. If you would have specified the file format correclty you would have got the solution correctly.

Henceforth request you to put your issues , requirements, queries in detail with screenshots so that others can provide you solutions very fast.

Also Please provide points for usefull information provided by members. It is not necessary to give points only when you query are answered. It motivate them to give you more input and help.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mangesh ,

I am agree with you . Sorry I didn't mentioned file format . You are helping me a lot and given full points for  previous query  suggestions. Some times i also felt bad who are not providing points for correct answers .

Good work boss.

Regards,

chandu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandu,

For viewing 2D files and 3D files you dont  require Autocad Software nor installtion on COntent server. You need to install ECL Viewer which is available as part of SAP GUI 7.20 onwards. While installation of SAP GUI there is option to select installation of ECL Viewer. Select that option and ECL viewer will be installed. In this SAP GUI 7.30 is now available on Service Market place for download.

Check this link where you will all information on ECL Viewer

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=37290113

Check screen shot for Autocad Application in DC30

Hope this helps you.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Message was edited by: MANGESH PANDE

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

Checked that  ECL viewer 7.0 installed with SAPGUI 730. file cannot be opened but under original right side shows X, Y and Z access for 3D .

Thanks,

chandu.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandu,

Can you put screenshot of the configuration that you did for autocad application in DC30?

With warm regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh Pande,

Now unable to post screen shot but I configured as you said above for 3D application in dc30. DIR was saved and tried to display originals .it will shows 3diemntion on right side without image.

I came to know from these URL   http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/EAI+Viewer+File+Formats

is it mandatory file format for 3D drawing ?

Thanks

chandu.