Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to MDS with the console after MDM update frm SP6 to SP10

thomas_haase
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a little problem after my MDM Update from 7.1.06.243 to 7.1.10.233 I can't connect with the MDM Console to the MDM System. I become the error message "the specified sap instance does not exist on server mdm"

I have two MDM System (dev and qas) on one server running. The dev system was updated three weeks ago without any problems. The dev system is running on the default port (59950). My qas system is running on port 59910.

With SP6 I haven't any problems to connect the MDM System. With SP10 I can't connect.

The only error message I found in logfile from tht MDM console.

2013-10-15T08:18:35.214,5788,23,"Started Console application",Background_Thread@Main,MainWindow.cpp,754,,,,,,,,

2013-10-15T08:18:48.325,5788,23,"Server is going to listen on port 59910.",Horizontal@SAPStartSrvHelper,ConnectionAcceptor.cpp,42,Initialize,,,,,,,

2013-10-15T08:21:57.473,5788,25,"Get instance list failed with error: gSoap: TCP Error - Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht ordnungsgemäß reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat.

",Horizontal@SAPStartSrvHelper,SAPStartSrvHelper.cpp,130,Initialize,,,,,,,

The only different to SP6 is that I activate the control button in the update by set up SSL in MDM Servers.

If I recover the MDM Filesystems back to SP 6 I have also no problems. Did anybody have an idea?

Thanks

Greeting

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thomas_haase
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I do what stand in the OSS Note but it didn't help.

My developer told my that he also can't connect from our SAP Portal / CE System  to the MDM System. He become follow error message.

That looks for me that the MDM System is not reachable with port 59910.

I also check the firewall. It is all okay. I could connect with telnet IP-Adress 59910. it was all okay.

With SP6 I had no problems.

Greeting

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Did you solve your problem?

We are facing similar issue with SP07.

I am not able to mount MDM Server with different than default port to MDM Console.

Which syntax do you use to specify different port when mounting?

Best regards,

Viktor

thomas_haase
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Viktor,

with the MDM Console I use <IP Adress>:<Port> at the connection where I don't use the default port.

But my problem was that my connections doesn't work because the port 1128 was blocked in the firewall. The connection is running over the saphostctrl . I had opened the port 1128 and 1129 in the firewall and it works.

saphostctrl 1128/tcp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTP
saphostctrl 1128/udp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTP
saphostctrls1129/tcp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTPS
saphostctrls1129/udp   # SAPHostControl over SOAP/HTTPS

The SAP Note 1692228 could be interesting

From SP08 SAPHostControl on TCP port 1128 is mandatory. If this port is not open MDM will Fail to communicate with the SAPHostControl and will result in the MDM Console being unable to connect to an MDM Server.

Kind regards

Thomas

thomas_haase
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I reboot the server, but it didn't help.

I have the MDM console Version 7.1.10.200 and MDM Server is 7.1.10.233.

What I found out is if I change the Profile Parameter (/sapmnt/TBD/profile)

MDS_LISTENING_PORT = 59910 back to the default port 59950 and the parameter MDS_SSL_LISTENING_PORT = 59911 back to default 59951 I can connect with the MDM console to the System and it looks all fine.

With SP6 I could runnnig 2 MDM Systems (DEV and QAS) on one server with different MDS Ports.

Did anybody knows if it is not allow with SP10?

Greeting

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please check the OSS Note Note 1692228 - (The specified SAP instance does not exist on server) in the following link.

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1692228

Thanks and regards,

Raja.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Take a restart of your server at OS level, ensure that you bring back all the services up again after the restart. This shall work.

Let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Shahid

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Pls try the following

1. make sure your client tools version is in sync with the MDM version.

2. make sure you are in the same network and check the server ip.

3. check your DB-MDM connection.

3. If everything is fine then restart your DB and MDM servers.

Kindly update your findings.

regards

mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You are getting this error, as you are trying to connect SAP MDM Server (7.1SP10) with the console version of 7.1SP06. Install all four clients with the version of 7.1 SP10, then you will be able to access SAP MDM Server 7.1 SP10. Please check with your basis team for client installation files.

Thanks and regards,

Raja.A

thomas_haase
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

I use the MDM Console version 7.1 SP10 to connect the MDM System not the SP6.

Regards

Thomas