cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for MSharePointPortal 2003 and EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have followed the tutorial to publish EP content on Microsoft SharePoint portal 2003 ,but right now i m only able to publish static data on MSS .The problem is configuring SSO for sharepoint portal with R3 backend.Please guide me about the same.Whenever i try to open the interface it gives the following error...

Server Error in '/' Application.

-

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Thanks in advance

Aseem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest leaving your custom errors in the sharepoint web.config files alone they are specifically geared for sharepoint.

There is a very good document on SSO in sharepoint and how to configure it here

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsserver/sharepoint/V2/reskit/c2661881x.mspx

It gets complicated, believe me it took me several reads and re-reads to get SSO working, but everything is in this document.

I take it when you say "open the interface" you mean configuring the enterprise settings page for SSO, not when you add your webpart that uses it ? If so again the answer is in this document, it will be a config issue.

Answers (0)