cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the ABAP code behind an Enterprise Service

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Starting with the definition of a Service in the ES Workplace, how can I find the ABAP code that is executed when the service is invoked?

I understand the WSDL, and I understand ABAP; what I am missing is the way to find the link to the code being executed.

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

you can look up the service in either ES Workplace or in SOAMANAGER and look for the "Internal Name" which is the Enterprise Service used in ABAP. In ES Workplace the Enterprise Service is sometimes mentioned, sometimes you find the BAPI used to implement the service. That depends a bit on the service you use.

Regards,

Jörg

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just to give you some info:

- if you have a specific SP/EhP level all of your web services will be available

(mostly as ABAP classes) - you can either open then from sproxy as mentioned in the conversions in this thread of by SE80 (enable ent service view first). If you've deplyed the necessary SWCV in PI (as per SP/ehp level) you will see all of them in se80/sproxy and the link too (in the method of the class)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for replying: for some reason I am unable to see the standard Enterprise Services in SPRoxy or in SE80. Is there a component that needs to be installed on the PI side to do this?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

why on PI ? services are implemented on ECC

on PI you need to deply SWCVs related to the WSs you need to use - there's no code in PI for services,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's correct what Michal says.

If you are missing the content in ESR, you can download it in support portal:

You can always view the enterprise services in the local view by pressing the button highlighted:

Regards,

Markus

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

That is true, but in SE80 when I search for the components using the Enterprise Services Browser, none of the standard Software Components appear, only custom components. For Example,

SAP APPL 6.06 is not visible.

How can that be? If the code is standard, how come the component does not exist on the ABAP stack?

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anthony,

this is pretty easy. Use Tcode sproxy and navigate to the enterprise service you are using. Double click on the service interface and then double click on provider class in section interface attributes. Then double click on the method(s) to see the code. As easy as that...

Regards,

Markus

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I dont know what you are exactly looking for, because behind enterprise services there is standard code and it's normally difficult to understand, at least for me .

When you create a proxy to consume a service, ABAP generates automatically an ABAP code in order to transform the object structure in ABAP to a http call with a plain payload (the response is obviosly inverse). You can debug your proxy call if you have the debbuging enabled with the transaction /h.

Also you can check if you want the program SAPLSPRX_SI_TEST, this is the program called in the transaction sproxy when you test an interface.

Regards.