cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a 2 system landscape one is development and one is production, Development server has two clients ( 200 client for ABAP Development and 310 client for customization and testing), we have tried remote client copy from production client to development client 310 but after two days remote client copy stoped , so i decide the Export import client from the Production client to Development client 310.

(1) I want to export the Production client and import in development client 310 only application data is required:-  Which profile need to select during production client export and can i import the existing development client 310 ( which have already 350 GB disk space)?

Or my Development customization over right after import the client in Development 310?

(2) Can I export the development client 310 only customization? ( Which profile needs to select during export the client). And import this client on different client for only customization on the  development server after that import the production client to development client 310?

Regards

Ashwani

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

For copying only application data you may choose SAP_APPL profile for export and then perform import. Details of the steps to be followed is as follows

1) Perform client export using SAP_APPL on PRD

2) Copy the TRs from PRD to DEV

3) Create a new client in DEV ( say 500) . Perform first local client copy from 000 -> 500 using SAP_CUST.

4) Perform import of TRs into new client using STMS

5) Perform post import steps using scc7.

Note: The reason why I suggest for a new client to be created is to avoid data loss in existing client while doing client copy.

In your method when you perform client export/import into 310 all the existing data will get wiped out before system loads the new data based on SAP profile selected.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Please find the answers to your queries below:

1)

There is no profile for copying only application data without customizing data.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

You can go for SAP_APPL i.e. SAP_ALL without user master data.

Please note that the existing customizations in 310 will be overwritten.

2)

For copying customizing data, you can use the following depending upon your requirement.

SAP_CUST

Client-specific customizing including authorization profile is copied. The application data is deleted, the user data is retained.

SAP_CUSV

SAP_CUST with variants

SAP_UCUS

SAP_CUST with user master data

SAP_UCSV

SAP_UCUS with variants

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not suggest you to do any copy between the Dev and Production. Reason because you have two client in your development system and aftre doing the copy you might have issue in the another client.

Dont you have any quality system in your env.

Please read below note before doing any thing.

Refer Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

Note 19574 contains information about the relationship between client-specific Customizing, cross-client Customizing and the corresponding application data.

Refer SAP Note 19574 - CC-ADMIN: Controlling data selection during client copy

Just take backup of the whole system before you perform any action as you might have to restore it .

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can i export the Development client 310 only Customization ( With Profile SAP_CUST)  and after that import in the development system on new created client ( new client created as 350 in development), so that my customization would be save of Development client 310 to 350, After  that import the Production client ( with profile of  SAP_all) in development client 310.

Regards

Ashwani

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

This is possible.

Make sure you have a good backup before proceeding with these activities.

Check that you have enough space to perform this.

Best Regards,

Anita

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos