Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDP94

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To cater to my client better I need to understand the intricacies and nuances of SDP94 .It appears like it is a kind of  “ brain “ behind the entire planning in APO.

Though I am working on the system as well yet To drill down deep into SDP94  would you please suggest a link that tells the in and out of SDP94

the below key figures and how they react to various inputs is a problem area for me.I wish your help with some informative links.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

This is completely depent on the requirement and varies from project to project. Key figures are not standard and they change and they react differently depending whether they are fixable / non zero / maro's defined ..etc. ...

There will be no such document to say how Kf's react in SDP94. But to understand this , you have to learn more about diff kinds of KF's and how we can change them and apply this process in SDP94.

I strongly feel that SDP94 is a place where you should apply all the basic and knowledge who have learnt in DP. Suppose you have written a Macro , you run it in SP94 and see your result. this is like a execution phase.

you can follow the below links however, where you may find some useful information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/fb/177c39100f9c23e10000000a114084/content.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/3c/a7a3391d92786fe10000000a114084/content.htm?frameset=...

Thnx,

Emani

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks ragav....my story is different i finished my PPDS run(with already existing datas) with some level of accuracy and moving backwards via SNP and DP .....that is from tail to head...and now i am in the head portion of planning.i will take some dive with your manual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

I think you might want to change the way you think of APO. There is no head, there is no tail - There is no logical sequence to learn the modules of APO. There is not even a logical sequence to implement these modules. The old school thinking of DP then SNP then PPDS is not how companies actually use the system.

Instead think of APO as a toolkit. Each module (or even submodule) is a tool that can be used to solve a business problem (or part of it). And there is a significant overlap between modules. GATP leverages DP for Product Allocation. CTM can use GATP rules. Even if you use PP/DS you can still use the SNP Planning Book. CTM can run in SNP or PPDS modes. CTP in GATP uses PPDS.

SDP94 is one such tool in the swiss army knife of APO. It is used primarily in DP and SNP but also sometimes in GATP and PPDS. As Ada pointed out below, it is used primarily as a user interface workbench to interact with Time Series Livecache. In DP this Time Series would be things like sales history, forecasts, adjustments, etc. In SNP this Time Series will be demand and supply categories like Planned/ Production Order, Forecasts/ Sales Orders, etc.

As far as learning SDP94, some advice - It looks more intimidating than it really is. Think from a users perspective - How will they select data, how will they view data - drill down, filter, etc, how will they modify data - manual, macros, statistical, etc. Rest is just flicking the switches, turning the levers and seeing how system reacts.

Rishi Menon

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi, I like your saying about swiss army knife

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rishi i told the same to my shop floor manger use the " swiss army knife" and dont disturb me.for your planning until i get ready with DP.....well will do some expedition with swiss army knife...and get back to you with specifics....Help me as always  !! hahaa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Not really sure what do you want to know, because your question is toooo much general. What do you want to know about the 'brain'?

Like any other software, APO also has DB (normal DB and liveCache) to save data and program to process data and respond to user's action. So no mystery

In DP, data you see on planning book is saved in liveCache time series. Historical data comes from sales history generally, which are extracted to BW from execution systems (CRM or ECC), and loaded into DP planning area using transaction /SAPAPO/TSCUBE, which makes historical data flows into liveCache from BW. You can adjust historical data manually (or by macro) as per your requirement.

Then you perform DP forecast, which fills forecast result into liveCache in forecast key figure. You can adjust forecast data manually (or by macro) as per your requirement.

When demand planner thinks the forecast is OK, forecast data is release to SNP or ECC system for further planning. If you release forecast from DP to SNP, liveCache order will be created.

Best Regards,

Ada