cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have some way to distribute an excel file with Afaria?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a customer interested to distribute an excel file using Afaria. Do you know some way to do that instead of send an email?.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I confirmed session manager is not suported on Afaria Cloud. Thanks for your response.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

Ok then you have your answer.

In this case could you please close the discussion?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alen,

You can send files from server to devices using session policies. For this, please follow below steps.

1. You need to create channel first to send a file.

2. Click on "Windows Start button" --> Programs --> Afaria --> Afaria Channel Administrator

3. Select your tenant and click on new channel and new session manager channel give some name to it and select device types.

4. click on new worklist and give some name to it.

5. Double click on action "Send file to client" on the right hand side list.

6. Select the file you want to send to client and click ok and save the channel.

7. Click on enable event and save again.

8. Now go to Afaria server admin and create a session policy and give some name to it.

9. Go to channels and select the channel you created and save and publish the policy.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Thanks for your prompt response. I am using the afaria cloud environment, so do you know how can create the channel?

Thanks,

Jesus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about session manager available for hosted cloud environment. You need to confirm for same.

Also note session manager is only available for Android , windows professional /standard , Win32 client.

0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

As you dont have access to Cloud VM and can't create channel by yourself.

Afaria Channel Administrator will be installed on the Cloud VM's and you need to contact support to create an channel for you for specific file and then you can utilize that channel to create session policy to distribute that to you devices.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi