Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc extension problem

Antonio_C10IT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Im facing one problem, the scenario is 3rd party system -> PO 7.31 (JAVA stack only) -> HCM.

I extended just the structure of one standard segment, (in se11, not in we31) and when I send the idoc to HCM i dont receive the extended field...

In the operation mapping I used the idoc standard and in the Message Mapping I use as target an external definition with the field created manually.

I sow in the last step of the monitor, the message has the extended field. I dont know if the Idoc communication channel is the one who is removing this field or if is in the HCM backend.

Do anyone know how I can solve it?  The purpose is not extend the idoc in we31

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its not possible to extend the field only at se11 and expect this data to be passed to receiver system..

IDoc metadata will be retrieved from the destination configured if the destination system has the idoc extension data included in the idoc definition your mapping data will go else it will not ...

to keep it simple you need to extend the idoc in order to send the data to HCM System..

HTH

Rajesh

Antonio_C10IT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Im using SAP PO 7.31 JAVA single stack, so I dont have IDX2.

In the IDX2 of HCM there is no Idocs.

And I try to use the PI Idoc Adapter Monitoring but as this is a extension just of the structure of the segment  (not an Idoc extension) when I delete and preload again there is no extension there. That is exactly my problem.

Any Idea how I can solve it?

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anotonio,

As you are using PO 7.31 single stack - so I can safely assume you do not have any idx2. Use the Metadat monitor in the NWA :

Goto NWA-> SOA-> Monitoring -> PI Idoc Adapter Monitoring -> Metadata Monitor Tab.

Note you will have to use a receiver idoc channel pointing to your HCM box. Check for your idoc details if you can see your extension here - you may need to reload here if all the standard steps have been taken care of.

Cheers and Regards

Subhro

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

As siddhardha said Please use transaction IDX2 and delete the metadata information.

this should solve the issue.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Clear IDOC Meta Data in IDX2 and recheck once. After deleting Meta Data, If there is any change in IDOC structure, Mrta Data will automatically regenerate with new Structure.

It may help you.

Regards,

Sid.