cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Data Matrix barcode on very small label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to create a dynamic (calculated) 2D barcode on a very small label, using Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

I have specified a Paper Forms Barcode, with Data Matrix symbology, with a unit width of 0.0133in. There will be a maximum of 14 ASCII characters in this barcode, derived from an XML datsource. The problem is that I cannot shrink this design element down to the approximate size of the generated barcode - there is a lot of white space around the barcode, and I cannot move the barcode outside the limits of the form to compensate.

Is printing such a small barcode on a very small form even possible in Adobe LiveCycle Designer? The final label may be around 0.5 inch wide by 0.25 inch high, and this is the off the shelf solution provided for printing from SAP Manufacturing Execution.

Thanks

Stuart

khoreis
0 Kudos

I know this was 7 years ago, but did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I am working on generating a Datamatrix barcode using SAP Adobe Forms. I have 35 different fields that need to be captured in the Barcode.

I am concatenating all the values as follows.

[)><RS><06><GS>POL<GS>001<GS><GS><GS>SS-TH4BM4BM4-13<GS>HOSE<GS>Hose (VC Model)<GS>0000001141<GS><GS><GS><GS><GS><GS><GS><GS>000100000182<GS>0001<GS><GS><GS><GS><GS>1030<GS>EA<GS><GS>ABBTT<GS>3000001142<GS><GS>10.000<GS><GS><GS><GS><GS><GS><RS><EOT>

When I generate the form, it is generating the Datamatrix barcode, but when it is scanned it also displays the <RS> and <GS> tags.

But when I check with the functional guy, he says that he should see the information as

[)><06>POL001SS-TH4BM4BM4-13HOSEHose (VC Model)000000114100010000018200011030EAABBTT300000114210.000

I understand, I am not concatenating the information correctly, can you please let me know how should I do it?  If you can send me a sample driver, it will be useful.

Thanks

Anand D

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

the easiest way tosolve your problem should be just to delete the tags inside.

You just can do that different ways. for example with Replace ...

and after that, a SHIFT NO GAPS.

Ready done...

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand

My understanding for 2D is that the start of the string should be “[)>”+char(30)

then all fields delimited with char(29) (i.e GS)

and the string terminated with char(30)+char(4) (i.e. RS + EOT)

0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Did you find the solution for this.We are also facing same problem.Can you help us.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guruprased,

have a look here:

~Florian

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the reply.I do not want to encode images/URL into the barcode.I would like to encode simple characters with Group separator and Record separator.
My customer says barcode should be ASCII encoded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stuart,

Transaction se73 will show the list of all the bar codes in the system when u will click on a bar code a window will pop up showing all the specifications of the bar code i.e height , width etc. This will allow you to see all the available standard barcodes. You can even create a custom bar code there.

Though I am not sure if these custom barcodes can be imported in ADLC.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers!!!

Umang 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Umang, but this is a question on the capability of Adobe Livecycle Designer to design a label template with a very small barcode without execessive whitespace around it. Also, I am not using Adobe with ECC at all, but with SAP ME.