cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Object Link Validate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some can tell me if it is possible to validate the input material code in object link MARA? The system currently accepts anything , when there is no material it fills the field with "...".

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João Carlos Moura

Your requirement is very much standard requirement & can be achived through standard configuration.

plz do the config as mentioned below.

01) Go to SPRO, select "Define Document Types"

02) Select the Doc type for which you want to have validation.

03) Select the option "Define Document Status"

04) Select the indicator "Object Check" for the status for which you want validation. Or you can select the indicator for all status. And save your entries.

By doing this config your requirement will fulfill. However there is one issue. If you enter wrong object link number for e.g. say Material Master code as abcdxxx which does not exist in the system, & if you try to save the transaction system is giving pop up window & message as " xxxxx object link does not exists"

And there r two tabs given on pop up window "Delete" & "Cancel"

If you select delete option, wrong object link entry will be deleted & system saves the transaction immediately i.e. DIR will get saved without any object link entry.

And if you select the cancel option,  screen remains on the same stage i.e. on the same screen.

But by doing this config your requirement is accomplish.Let me know if u want any more information.

Plz see the below screen shot.

Thanks

Pravinkumar

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pravinkumar,

Thanks for the correct answer. I never thought of this before.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pravinkumar,

You are correct,  my problem was resolved..thank you very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear João Carlos Moura

Can you please cleary elaborate you query or difficulty which you are facing. I have not understood your question. Thanks.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moura,

Mangesh :

I thought that  he is getting blank in short text  under object link  material master . Reason for that the description might be long or abruptly given item number.   Am I correct ?  moura.

If so use correct existed material item number u will get complete description on cv02N.

Thanks,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh, chandu.
It is a question regarding the functionality of the object link MARA. When you insert a code of material, the system does not validate the input code. I can put any value? Is this how it works?

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João Carlos Moura

I checked the help also. It clearly says system checks whether objects exists.

I think its checks in way that when you enter a material number that does not exists, it displays on dotted lines in description and no message or pop up comes. I think Christoph from SAP can throw some light on this behaviour. I am sure there is some reasoning to this.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande