cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Inquiry: Form Header Missing Data Long Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I am a new user of SAP SD. While creating an ‘Inquiry” Transaction Code -> Va11  and after  entering all the required data, I tried to save the Inquiry Document .

The system generated an error that the saving was incomplete. It requested that I should try editing the data. When I opted for that, it generated another error, “Create Inquiry- In-completion Log”. This led to a message:  Form Header -the Short Description and Missing Data- Long Text.

I searched a few threads on this topic but they did not solve this issue or I did not quite understand how to proceed effectively.

I thought that by UN- assigning the incompleteness procedures in log of incomplete items ( IMG -> S&D -> Basic Functions -> Log of Incomplete Items) , this problem will be resolved for now. But obviously this did not work.

I am not sure what to try next. I tried to find out which field was missing but the clues were very widespread. I need a clear focus or a generally right  direction.

I appreciate any help you can provide to me in this area. If my description of the problem is not clear, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Turaj.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turaj,

Can you check the IN document type (VOV8) whether in the incomplete message field is it checked & also check the message number & with this no. try to search in google i hope it should work.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sukant,

I checked the T. Code Vov8 for ‘IN’ document type. The in-completion Log message box in Transaction Flow Tab is set to ’10’ which corresponds to Inquiry/quotation in our system. The ‘OR’ is set to ‘11’.

I tried following the message on Google. There are a few hits on the error message Missing Data Message no. VU019. These refer mainly to errors in G/L accounts etc. At present, I am not able to troubleshoot this problem effectively. It is possible to save the Inquiry Document with a missing data.

Many thanks,

Turaj.t

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

There are a few hits on the error message Missing Data Message no. VU019. These refer mainly to errors in G/L accounts etc.

I think,you are doing Make to Order Process that's why system is loking for G/L account. Have you maintained VKOA settings with KOFK ? .Please check what account assignment group ( AAG ) is maintained in customer master data and check in VKOA ,is there settings with that AAG or not .If no ,you need to maintain and try to run fresh cycle again .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Better to check ,what Strategy Group ,you had in MM02 in MRP2 View .I think ,it should be Make to Order .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I can not see any strategy group but the MRP type is set to ND. The procurement type is set to X.

If I have to look at anything else, please let me know.Thanks.

Turaj.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry about my confusing reply. I don't have any errors regarding G/L accounts.

When I was looking for the message number VU09 on Google, I saw a few hits relating to the G/L account. the only error I have is Create Inquiry   Missing Data Long Text. I will check your suggestions above though. Thanks.

Turaj.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turaj,

In VOV8, there should not be 10 or 11, the field should either be checked or unchecked. Kindly revert.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukant,

Apologies for any miscommunications. I have attached a screenshot of the VOV8 as indicated below. I hope the screen is clear. There is no check and only Block. The Sales Doc. Type 'IN' has been highlighted.

I have also put in the screenshot of the  'IN' Document type. The In-completion procedure 10 can be seen on the left hand side under the transaction tab, second down.

Thanks,

Turaj.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

screen shot pl. no problem got it, can you please check the incomplete message field which i had discussed. Thanks Sukant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukant,

Apologies again for screenshot. My screenshot was not added by the system. If I understand you correctly, the Procedure 10 is assigned to the 'IN' document type.

I checked  OVA2, to see what procedure 10 was .  This procedure checks for  Document date, Validity date, Currency, Pricing date and terms of  Payment. All these data are in the document as far as I know. But I will check again.

The Item Category does not have any In-completion procedure assigned to it.

Thanks.

Turaj.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I have now found the solution to the above problem. Thanks for the inputs from other colleagues with their answers given below.

Basically, both ‘Inquiry’ (IN) and Quotation’ (QT) document types need a text in the Form Header. The ‘Order’ (OR) document type does not need this text. Consequently, if you want to save the ‘IN’ or ‘QT’ documents an error pops up in the form of an 'In-completion Log'. However, these sales documents can be saved with the error remaining inside. To avoid this do the following. Use the commands from the command bar:

Goto -> Header -> Texts -> Text type -> Form Header and then type your text requirement.

If you require a text in your Item texts, then

Goto -> Item -> texts -> Text type -> Materials Sales text

This should solve the problem.

If there are any outstanding issues, please write.

Turaj.t

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you save the document and you get a message for options like Save and Edit. Click on edit button and see where system takes you. You can also check incompletion log by clicking Edit > Incomplete data if I am not wrong you can explore the menu buttons in top of the screen.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

Thanks for your note. I followed the Save or Edit path by Editing. The message of Form Header Missing Data Long Text appeared.  I then followed by asking to complete the data. The following message appeared.

“The following data needs to be completed     Item … Missing Data “

Then by asking to complete the data again , it takes me to a new screen   “Create Inquiry Header Data “     with some basic information such as Inquiry Number ,  sol-to etc.

There are no clues..The top screen commands like   -> goto-> incompletion log produces the same above screens..

Many thanks .

Turaj.T

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Tell me below things ,

1.What data system is showing in Incompletion Log ?

2.Please check your,what Incompletion Procedure you have in Order Type ( VOV8 ) as well as Item category ( VOV7 ).

3. Go to OVA2 ,check ,what fields you have assigned to your Incompletion procedure .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

I checked Vov8 and Vov7 transaction codes.

The procedure '10' has been assigned to Document type 'IN'. I checked OVA2, to see what procedure 10 was .  This procedure checks for Document date, Validity date, Currency, Pricing date and terms of Payment.

The item Category does not have any In-completion procedure assigned to it.

thanks,

Turaj.t