cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an SCN poll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm trying to create a poll, but when the system asks me to select a space, all the spaces I choose are greyed out. This is also strange because I can create other types of content just fine, and I'm able to select any space on SCN. Do I need additional credentials to be able to create a poll?

Thanks!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The moderators and space editors in each space should be able to create polls in the respective spaces. You may contact them in the particular SCN space where you would like to create the poll.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, Leon. So is it by default that SCN members can't create polls on their own? The reason I ask is that I know other colleagues who can create polls by themselves, so I wanted to see if there was a glitch in my account.

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes, this is the default behavior. I suppose the colleagues you were mentioning falls in the Moderators' category.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

, i was also having same problem but i thought there must be some certain rule like some good points and all. Thanks to you for creating this thread and Thanks for the correct information.

BR

ChanS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

then if I want to create a poll, I have to be a moderator? How can I became a moderator? Because I realized one or two polls now, which I would like to create. Thanks for answering.

Kind regards

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to have enhanced rights.

You cannot become a moderator just to create polls: becoming an SCN moderator is mainly about moderating an area you have expertise in.

Answers (0)