cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic generation of UI elements with F4 help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a WebDynpro ABAP UI where I do not know at design time how many input fields will be created.

The context of my view has several elements and for each element there is at the beginning one input field created. By clicking on an 'add conditions' button, for each context element there will be one more input field created.

Each set of input fields belongs to one element of the context node. Therefore I cannot make a context binding of the different input fields. So I am transporting the values to and from the context via the methods 'set_value( )' and 'get_value( )' of the class CL_WD_INPUT_FIELD.

I also need a F4-help for my input fields. But this works automatically via name identity of context fields and DDIC-fields. How can I use the standard F4 help in my WebDynpro Component? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Stefanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Try to use a MultiPane instead of doing dynamic programming if applicable. It allows you to define everything statically within the view designer.

Regarding the F4-help, it's not possible to use a cross-inputfield one, but for a single field it should work fine. In order to get the cross-inputfield one working, you need to use an actual DDIC structure with properly named and typed fields inside of a single context element. Of course you could also switch to OVS, but since DDIC F4 is such a nice feature due to the possibility to reuse existing coding, it's often not worth the effort. Unfortunately, structures created using RTTI do not allow for cross-field value help information.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)