cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Document Dates in QAC2

0 Kudos

Hello,

I just activated Inspection Lot Creation (type 01,04,08) through QA08 and hundreds of Lots were automatically created for all the quality stocks already existing.

For all these automatic Lots, in QAC2 there is three important fields missing: Document Date, Posting Date, Reason for Movement.

These fields are instead visible and usable when using QAC2 with all the new Inspection Lots.

Does anyone know how to get them to appear?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I opened an OSS note and SAP confirmed that this is an imperfection of the inspection lots created using QA08.

Thanks everyone.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use QA08 and you create inspection lots for existing quality stock there is no material document as there is no movement of material. The stock is in quality, and remains in quality stock.

When you use QAC2 you are making a physical movement of material from one location to another, so there is a material document.

CS

0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

thanks for replying but I was probably unclear.

The three fields I refer to (post.date, doc.date, reason) in QAC2 are the ones you need to value for the physical movement and following material document. They are not from the previous document.

These fields are not showing only when I try to transfer an Inspection Lot generated from QA08 but are always present and usable for the new lots.

Two screenshots:

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think this could be missing authorization issue for inspection type 08. Please check with /NSU53 immediately when you get the screen without document and posting date.

QA08 doesn't generate any inspection lot or posts any material movement. It just activates or deactivates inspection types in material master. Which process you followed to create 08 inspection lot?

Regards, Anand

0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

thanks for replying.

I did the authorization check through SU53 and everything is correct.

Anyway you're partially wrong about the QA08 because to activate inspection types in a material that has already an existing inspection stock, SAP needs to generate an inspection lot for every batch of inspection stock.

To apply this rule the first inspection type I had to activate was the 08 (there's a field in customizing to prepare this activation) so all the existing inspection stock batches generated this type of inspection lots.

I have to precise that the newly generated 08 lots are working correctly but just the one generated from QA08 are not showing the fields in QAC2.

Regards.

Alessio

Activate Despite Inspection Stock

Use

If inspection stock exists for a material and this stock is not managed by inspection lots, you cannot simply activate a stock-relevant inspection type, because this can lead to stock inconsistencies between the Materials Management (MM) and Quality Management (QM) components. You can avoid these stock inconsistencies by creating inspection lots when the inspection type is activated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. this is just a guess.. but having thought about this, I think SAP has put in a check here.

When you use QA08 to generate your 08 inspection lots, (which BTW is determined by config, you can change this to create 04 lots if you wanted to! SAP uses an 0800 inspection type for this normally), you are activating QM for the first time usually.

If SAP allowed you to have the posting doc fields, you would have the potential to back post the material movement document.  Since QM would not have been activated before this date, you might cause problems in the moving of the lot, especially if you only changed the storage location and left it in the same plant.  This could be compounded if the lot wasn't REL status and might still need an inspection plan assigned.

Now I'm not sure if that is the reason these fields are unavailable or not but I think it might be a reasonable conclusion. You could use debug to determine if there is logic in the SAP programming to hide these fields if QA08 created the lot.

CS

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alessio, If possible, I just wanted to know the reason of changing storage location through QAC2 for such lots. As I tried the same case in test server I experienced the same thing as yours. This could be a standard SAP feature. You generate such lots on frequent basis or this is just initial legacy cut over phase?

As per my understanding QAC2 posts 323 movement in background with effect of change in storage location or plant. However you can still record inspection results independent of storage location to fulfill QM compliance. To avoid this in future (the step of QAC2) we can check the storage location in MB52 prior to run QA08. This will ensure inspection lot generation in required storage location/plant.

Time being, I think, you need to transfer the material from QI against inspection lot and place the stock in required location, until we find the exact reason behind this!

Regards, Anand

0 Kudos

Hello and thank you both for replying.

We are not gonna generate any more lots with QA08 as it was just for the initial QM activation but the problem stays for these initial lots.

Anyway we opened an OSS Note so I'll let you know when I have an answer.

Regards.

A.P.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I ask why you need these fields available for a QAC2 transaction?  I would think that you don't need to use QA08 very often.  And I would think the need to do a transfer afterwards would be even similar.  And if you need to do a transfer, do you really need access to these fields? 

CS