Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i find a document that I have saved in draft form in SCN

arshad_ansary2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I wanted to publish a document on SDN regarding Product Structure usig iPPE . At every moment of creating the Document I have saved the document .Because of time constraints I could not finish the document in one sitting. I have saved the draft format and logged out of SCN  .But when I logged in again ,I am not able to find the same .

Please let me know how can I find the document  .Document title is 'Product Structure using iPPE'.

I wanted to post this question in 'Getting Started with SCN' space but we cant start a discussion in that space.

Regards

Arshad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arshad Ansary ,

Seems your saved action doesnt work and you lose the draft.

Normaly all draft as well as aurthored documents can be found in your own profile under content tab.

People who have access to your profile can also see even the draft version if you have allowed this access while creating the document.

When i viwed your profile , i can see till date you had only one post , which is this one.

seems you need to create it again.

To avoid it in future it will be lot better to prepare  a word document first , even with screen shots then use it to create a blog or document post on SCN , so that if any problem face, you atlest have a copy with you.

Thanks

Ritesh

arshad_ansary2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dube,

Thanks for the reply .

I have word document of the same . But can i directly upload the word document and create a document out of that.

The Copy paste fucntionality is really tedious because for screen shots copy functionality is not working in the SCN Document editor . Moreover I am not able to understand how to insert  the table of contents in SCN editor with the insert functionality  that they have provided in SCN editor.

Regards

Arshad

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arshad Ansary,

Well the you are atlest safe

I agree editor here is not so easy, but with copy paste at leats you have basic content available in editor , you need to make adjustment for formating.

For snaps it doesnt get copied from word document, you need to sepratly upload them or provide link.

For tables , the short cut i follow is , first create this table in Excel and mark all boundries BOLD, and then copy and paste here. After pasting use table formating again to mark headings.

Give it a try, please amrk replies helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh