cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed : AS Java Login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have loaded few users from csv to Identity store. Those users are visible from AS Java UI after Administrator login. I have also setup initial password for MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD while loading a new user. But unable to login in AS Java UI using the same user id and password. It is showing Authentication failed in the AS Java login screen. I have also set the initial privilege and password :

MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE    <PRIV:SAPNWASJAVA😮NLY>|<PRIV:SYSTEM:SAPNWASJAVA>

MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD    abcdef

Note : SAPNWASJAVA is my repository name.

Any though what is missing.

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mx_encrypted_password should probably contain an encrypted value, not a plain text string. You can encrypt it using uEncrypt or perhaps using one of the functions included in the framework such as "sap_core_encryptPassword".

Br,

Per Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Tero. I will try the same.

regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chriss,

It was a Java script encription issue. I have used uEncrypt function to resolve the password issue.

Thanks Chris.

regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhiman,

great that your issue got solved. Please don't forget to mark Per's post as correct answer to close the thread and help others with the same problem to find the solution.

Regards,

Steffi.

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steffi Warnecke wrote:

Hello Dhiman,

great that your issue got solved. Please don't forget to mark Per's post as correct answer to close the thread and help others with the same problem to find the solution.

Regards,

Steffi.

Also, when loading users in custom job and if password needs to be set in same job, the HCM integration shows a nice way to achive it.

Just use the "sap_addPassword" as entry script in the toIdStore pass, link the needed global scripts and map the "mx_password" to "%hashedPassword%" and "mx_encrypted_password" to "%encryptedPassword%" in the destination tab.

This way you can also re-use the "custom_initializePassword" script if you have your own logic in assigning random complex-enough password or even assign the same hard-coded password for all.

(The entry under processing is accessible as Java hashtable in scripts, the "sap_addPassword" adds two temp-attributes to the entry "hashedPassword" and "encryptedPassword" to the entry/hashtable.)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhiman,

if you can see the new users in your AS Java user administration, that means the provisioning from IdM to the system worked. Now it's just the problem with the password, that seems to not be passed along when creating the accounts in the backend, correct?

Regards,

Steffi.