cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.2 Transport process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team.

I am having any challenges with this IDM.

I have a server on Development environment and I need to trasnfer the configuration to another machine on Production environment, but when I use the "Transport" method, appers this error:

Are there any guide to do this.

In attchement:

Thank you again for your attention Matt.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

the approach that helped me several times resolve transport problems (some related to GUIDs, others not) was to examine the Java default trace via NWA:

http://idm_ui_host_name:port/nwa -> Problem Management -> Logs and Traces -> Log Viewer -> Show View -> General -> Default Trace (Java)

My experience is that any error reported from using the "Check" button on the Transport tab of the IdM Admin UI will result in a message in the Java default trace with the text: "testConfig" in it's message column, like in the following screen shot. Filter on this message text to find it:

Such messages, if they exist, are always logged with severity "Error", so there's no need to increase the log level. It should be there by default if you have seen a red light in the IdM Admin UI, as in your screen shot.

Now expand the details handle in the left-most column. It will show you a very deep Java exception stack trace. The interesting part is typically at the very bottom, like in the following example:

The message of the Java exception at the root of the stack,  as highlighted in the screenshot above, may give you a more precise hint as to what exactly the problem is. In my example above, the message meant that I had a task whose ID was 2147 which was the root of all problems. The issue was that this was a local task which would be deleted by the import, since it wasn't part of the imported configuration from the DEV system. However, the deletion failed because there were still entries in the provisioning queue of the PROD system referencing this task.

That is just an example. Your root cause is likely to be completely different. But the method for finding your root cause should be the same as described above.

Hope that helps,

Lambert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy, Peter and Lambert.

Thank you very much for your attention.

It was possible to solve the transport.

Best Regards!

Miguel

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

could you please share how you did solve the issue, so that others can benefit, too? Also please mark the thread as answered in doing so for the visible sign, that it's successful resolved.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi, I need to create on target system the repositories with the same name on the source system

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There, after the configuration transport I am facing with other issue, some functions does not appears for me, like on the source system I was able to create a user on IDM (

But now, on the target server I cannot able to see theses task like image bellow:

Does anybody have idea that what happen?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards.

Miguel

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

it looks like the task folder for that is not marked active/visible in the management console. Could you check?

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steffi, thank you for your fast anwser, but its ok look.

I couldn´t find this issue.

Regards

Miguel

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

but that is under "Enterprise People". Do you use that standard ID store or the other one under that ("SAP_MASTER" I guess)? Is the folder there active, too?

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Like this print all right?

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep. Well, then I have no idea what's going on there. ^^ But maybe some of the other guys do.

Regards,

Steffi.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting I always assumed the export import function within IdM was to ensure you could bring that 1 system back if configuration went bad on a working solution.

Do you have SAP doco that says IdM supports 'transporting' configurations to another IdM system?

Upon some searching, that I should of started off with prior to posting, are you getting this error when you import or on the check button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your answer.

This error appears when I press the check button.

Best Regards.

Miguel

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you happen to see Peter's answer on this thread:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3320683

Also with your screenshot in Spanish, and my lack of translation skills I don't know how much more help I can provide other than the typical 'look at your log files'.  I have a feeling though it may be related the GUID and both systems having different ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link Bill - was just looking for it.

I've nearly always had a problem importing it and its nearly always GUID issues.

Peter

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I happen to come across it while searching for 'transport' within the space.