cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM sub item missing in Delivery

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Sales order, I have a BOM item with one header item and three sub items.

The header item has an item category - ZN01 and Item Line number - 10

The Three sub items has an item category -  ZN02  and Item line number - 11,12,13 respectively.

I created a delivery document with reference to this order. All the items are copied into delivery except one sub item (line item number -13).

Kindly suggest why this would have happened. 

In Sales order, BOM has a structure like header item and sub items, but when they are copied to delivery document, this structure is not maintained. Is it possible to maintain the same structure like header item and sub items in delivery document also ?

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

manojkhumar,

Check the availability of (ATP) stock in the plant and storage location mentioned in the delivery. Probably there is no stock, therefore that line item is not populated in the delivery document.

In delivery too, the BOM structure is maintained. This is part of standard SAP.

Check stock, and add some stock (MB1C)

There might not be any issue with item category in delivery (i.e. copy control, at item level is maintained correctly), as some of the sub items are already populating in the delivery.

0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for your ideas. I checked the stocks as you suggested and they are available. I tried checking the difference in the master data of the three sub item materials and I found that loading group and transportation group of the last sub item is different from others.

So I tried to create another delivery from the same order and I got the third sub item successfully transferred to delivery document with net price zero.

I have maintained 'X' in create delivery group settings in item category type for the header item. And still the delivery is not happening as a group.

Is it necessary that all the sub items in BOM should have the same loading and transportation group ?

I want to maintain the same structure in delivery also. Can you please tell me , where is the control for this in configuration ?

Thanks,

Manoj

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj

1) check sub items are Relevance for delivery in vov7

2) check both shipping points are same 

0 Kudos

Dear Venu Gopal,

The relevance for delivery is not selected for both header item's and sub item's item category. I will check that option and will try again.

Both the shipping points are same.

Thanks

Manoj

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj  sorry not in vov7 just check in vov6

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

manojkhumar,

Thanks for your post!

From my experience, I have seen that the main and sub items, in a BOM have the same Transportation and Loading groups.

E.g.

LAPTOP-101

contains Laptop, mouse, headphones

Thus all the sub-items would have the same means of loading (forklift truck) and same means of transportation (truck).

But I must say that this depends upon the material and the business.

As you have identified, the shipping points and or the routes might be different, this is because the loading and transportation groups are different.

If you make the (header parameters) shipping points and routes identical then there would not be delivery split.

Only after the header parameters, field Create Delivery Group comes in to picture.

0 Kudos

TW,

I am not able to find shipping points information in header level. In header level, I can find only the shipt-to-party related information like unloading points and receiving points.

0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal,

The option 'item relv for delv' is already been selected in vov6.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

manojkhumar,

In a sales order, the shipping point and route shall be at item level, see Tab Shipping, in VA03.

When a delivery is created, the delivery shall have shipping point and route at header level.

Note - Thus a sales order can comprise of line items with different Shipping points (and SH parties). But when delivery is created for this sales order, there would be delivery split (multiple deliveries created) - as in delivery, these fields are at header level.

0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I tried changing the sub item's (line item number -13) Transportation group alone (not loading group) in material master as same as other sub item's transportation group. Now, I am getting all the materials from sales order in a single delivery document. I think, this is controlled by copying requirements in copy control between order and delivery document. Please confirm my understanding.

Here in this scenario, I can sell the BOM material as a whole unit and also the sub items individually. For a sub item,  Is it possible to have one transportation group(ex : 001) when delivered as a BOM and another transportation group(ex: 003) when delivered individually ?

Thanks,

Manoj

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

manojkhumar,

Across SAP SD, at a document level, the header data can not be different.

E.g. A sales order, with two line items have different shipping points, then one delivery can not be created because shipping point in delivery document is at header level.

This does not have to do with copy control.

But copy control can be set in such a way as to choose what fields should flow from the preceeding document to the following document.

Master data (e.g. Transportation group) is the same, when sold as BOM subitem or when sold as an individual item.

Read the F1 help of this field in MMR, it shall give you a good idea, about the function / meaning of Transportation group.

A product transported by truck shall be transported by truck if it is sold as BOM or individual item.

Side comment - If you are learning this topic, then look in to other issues / threads related to delivery split, shipping point, transportation group.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments.

Answers (0)