Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost assignment depending on Expense Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we're currently introducing travel management and I'm facing a problem:

Our controlling wants to have car-related costs booked to an order (PTK_COST_DIST-AUFNR). It's clear that traveler can add this information manually for the whole trip or for each expense type. My aim is now, that traveler is forced to enter cost assignment for specific expense types. (i.e. fuel)

I'm familiar with feature TRVCO and related table T588N. With this I could set variable COBL-AUFNR to "Required entry field". But TRVCO has only some organizational data for decisions (Personnel Area, Employee Group, Country Grouping etc.) - not expense types.

Is there a feature that provides expense type as field for decision operation? Or how could I create one?

Unfortunately, in "field control for additional receipt information" (V_T706B1_B) cost assignment is not available.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Raphael

P.S. Working on SAP HR 6.04 SP62

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

from my understanding this in not possible without some small programming:

In the IMG: travel -> Badi -> Entry -> User-Exits: Save trip (before an after assigning trip number) => this starts CMOD then enter komponent EXIT_SAPMP56T_002 or EXIT_SAPMP56T_003

Best is to use exit before assigning trip number to check if user has entered a order for the specific expense type. If not raise message to explain what the user has to do.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos
yep - that's the Exit I meant. So, it's a cmod enhancement, not a proper BAdI - sorry
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

thanks for your answer. It's a pity, that programming is required for setting this, since I unfortunately have no knowledge in ABAP... Well I'm going to ask our ABAP-Team if they can implement my requirements in the User-Exit you mentioned.

Best regards

Raphael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

thank you for your answer!

As you might have read in my answer to Sigi's post, I have no knowledge in ABAP and will need some help therefore...

Best regards

Raphael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

understand, but not all is possible via customizing...

Is this discussion than to close?

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

yes, sure... But I hoped to find an easier way.

Yes, I think discussion can be closed.

Thanks again!

Best regards

Raphael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

I'm pretty sure I did something similar in one of the BAdIs. There's one processed for all kinds of checks to be performed, when the trip is saves. It doesn't make the field mandatory on the screen, but at least reminds the employee he's missed sth.

I don't have a system in front of me, so can't tell the name of the BAdI, but I think it's in the IMG.

Hope this helps

Sven