cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value help wizard working with java web service ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to use value help wizard. In 'Value Help Configuration Wizard' window, I click on 'Next' button, I can see my web service name declared in portal but, when I click on 'Search' button, I don't see any functions of my web service.

I don't have this problem when I'm on VC storyboard with 'Find Data' button.

Version : VC 7.00 SP9 patch 2

Is it a bug, is there a solution for that ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois

Even i have tried using value help with java web service. I also faced the same problem you are facing . The work around that is given is the best one. I have used the same work around. Though it is time consuming but is easy and solves the problem.

Thanks

Harsimran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies.

I think it must be a bug from VC (??). So, to resolve this problem, I'll create manually a value help with a popup iView.

Best regards.

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I never tried to use a webservice in the value help wizzard, so I don't know if it works or not.

But for your problem you can build your own value help to avoid the problem.

You told us that the webservice works in the storyboard. The value help wizard "only" creates a popup iView in your model and assigns the output field of the popup to an input field in a form.

Maybe as a solution you can insert a popup to the model by yourself. Assign the output field of your popup to the input field for which you want to have the value help. Inside the popup iView you can use your custom built webservice.

I know that this is a little bit circuitous, but I think it will work.

Regards

Christophe